Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV vs E63 AMG ..

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Then you haven't driven a manual FG Turbo. Every XR6 and XR50 Turbo manual has launch control. And how is lag still there? The car's peak torque is available from 1800rpm thanks to the turbo. When using launch control, the rpms are sitting, waiting (like Chuck Norris at night time, he doesn't sleep, he waits) for launch and the turbo is already spooled. Launch, and the 533Nm are there and being used! So what lag is there? PLEASE explain what you mean. Because I sure as hell don't understand.

no i have only driven autos so far.
there is a lag between when you engage the throttle and the engine is bosted up. because you have spooled the turbo by holding a load on the engine before you launch the car then there is little to no lag after launch as you are stating. but the turbo still has to spool up therfore lag but this is done before you set off. you cannot have a turbo without lag you can only manage the lag to an extent

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
where are you getting 320RWK's from may i ask they are 335FWK's factory spec.

Ford are known to SERIOUSLY understate their factory power.

Stock, an I6T is meant to be 270fwkw but stock some are getting 250rwkw. And with an airbox and tune only, 300+rwkw! That means there's a lot more than 270kw at the fly wheel for a lot of cars. Similar would be the case for the 335 BOSS I would imagine.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
where are you getting 320RWK's from may i ask they are 335FWK's factory spec.

holden wont spend the money re engenerring the car and re certafying a different engine when they are still competative and selling well.
they hardly stuggle for 350 flywheel kilowatts they esaly do this and much more with a camm and tune ETC and esily over 500 with a charger

Im getting 320rwkw's from the various tuning places in Australia that have had the new GT on the Dyno including Castle Hill Exhaust. The guys over on LS1.com can appreciate the Coyote but people on here don't seem to lol.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The guys over on LS1.com can appreciate the Coyote but people on here don't seem to lol.

The average age here would be a LOT lower than the average age over at LS1 and therefore less mature.

The attitudes here are FAR MORE one eyed than over at LS1 too. There's a few of us though that appreciate both Aussie brands for their differing benefits.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Im getting 320rwkw's from the various tuning places in Australia that have had the new GT on the Dyno including Castle Hill Exhaust. The guys over on LS1.com can appreciate the Coyote but people on here don't seem to lol.

apperciate yes but its nothing amazing good on ford for bringing it to the people though.
i havent seen any dyno figures myself hence i asked where they come from. are they stock or tuned?
to bad they are hamstrung by 245 rubber though from factory.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
apperciate yes but its nothing amazing good on ford for bringing it to the people though.
i havent seen any dyno figures myself hence i asked where they come from. are they stock or tuned?
to bad they are hamstrung by 245 rubber though from factory.

Completely stock mate and most are running closer to 350rwkw's, Dale got 328rwkw's on his low reading dyno...The manual Gt has already run a 12.8 im pretty sure and most are saying the 6 speed auto will run mid to low 12's. If that isn't impressive for a stock production car then i don't know what is.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
The average age here would be a LOT lower than the average age over at LS1 and therefore less mature.

The attitudes here are FAR MORE one eyed than over at LS1 too. There's a few of us though that appreciate both Aussie brands for their differing benefits.

Yeah im a massive GM/Holden man but cars like the Ford XR6 Turbo and the new Coyote GT are serious bits of gear. You would have to be mental or a serious Holden man to buy a HSV over one of those GT's now. This is coming from someone that dissed the Coyote before it hit the dynos....

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
the hsv motor has a lot of potental and could esily out strip a coyoty once you start tuning them though.
people buy hsv and FPV for many reasons not just whitch obne is faster and from initial testing the new coyoty is not that much faster in real world applications.
havent driven them myself back to back though
i always knew the coyoty would scream it is after all a forced induction 5Ltr you would expect no less.

i realy dont put much stock in numbers on a dyno graph they dont give an acurate idea of true preformance they elinminate things like grip level, suspension set up, throttle response, drive out of a courner, turn in grip, mid corner grip, feel and confidence in the car. this is where the HSV still wins out albeit not by much

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
the hsv motor has a lot of potental and could esily out strip a coyoty once you start tuning them though.
people buy hsv and FPV for many reasons not just whitch obne is faster and from initial testing the new coyoty is not that much faster in real world applications.
havent driven them myself back to back though
i always knew the coyoty would scream it is after all a forced induction 5Ltr you would expect no less.

I won't disagree with that. A cammed SS with a full exhaust, intake and tune will get you around 315rwkw's and a high 11 / low 12 at the strip. The thing is the Coyotes can be modified aswell......

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
I won't disagree with that. A cammed SS with a full exhaust, intake and tune will get you around 315rwkw's and a high 11 / low 12 at the strip. The thing is the Coyotes can be modified aswell......

yes but a ss can be supercharged and have the internals done relativly cheeply.
the coyoty will be very very expensive to do much more than intake exhaust and tune

dont get me wrong there is some serious potental in the ford donk but how far it can be push as is i have no idea well find out im sure though