Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV vs E63 AMG ..

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
yes but a ss can be supercharged and have the internals done relativly cheeply.
the coyoty will be very very expensive to do much more than intake exhaust and tune

dont get me wrong there is some serious potental in the ford donk but how far it can be push as is i have no idea well find out im sure though

An Intercooler, exhaust, intake and tune would be all the Coyote would need to make some serious power mate. How much power it is capable of making before going boom is another matter. Anyway it should be interesting to see how the development on these motors goes in the next year or so. It will also be interesting to see if the new 5.5L DI GM motor will feature a Supercharged version that will make its way to Holden, i hope it does!!!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Have you seen the factory exhaust headers on the Coyote? I would think twice before going after market... But they are detuned and although they are DI capable have initially been released without DI. So future versions from FPV will be re-tuned and with the addition of DI, a proper tune and they won't be beaten.

You can say "but xxxxx can be modded to match or be better than the Coyote". That's irrelevant. From the factory, they're simply amazingly engineered and are putting out awesome performance. Compare factory release to factory release, not factory release to modded.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
OK I am a Holden man and I won't be looking at fords anytime soon.
But i will say that these Ford engines are impressive no matter how many times Jason tries to bullshit everyone into thinking that their not.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Have you seen the factory exhaust headers on the Coyote? I would think twice before going after market... But they are detuned and although they are DI capable have initially been released without DI. So future versions from FPV will be re-tuned and with the addition of DI, a proper tune and they won't be beaten.

You can say "but xxxxx can be modded to match or be better than the Coyote". That's irrelevant. From the factory, they're simply amazingly engineered and are putting out awesome performance. Compare factory release to factory release, not factory release to modded.

havent looked that far into them whats the rest of the system like?

im not comparing anything just stating reasons people buy diiffernent to the one with the most power stock.

factory standard the coyote wins engine wise not nessaceraly as a whole package though. IMO

IMHO i wouldnt call it amazing very well done Hell yes amazing no. what porsche do with their engins is amazing engineering. nothing ford or GM dose comes close to Amazing.

B-roca i havent rubbished it once mate infact the opposite is ture. its a very good engine and is capable of being impressive im sure of that but its not a marvel of engeneering masterdry. its just a supercharged 5L ford have be doing those with jag for some time now and look at what they put out.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride

No i haven't seen the factory headers so they may be great from factory. DI is not going to give the Coyote more power mate, DI makes less power to give better fuel consumption, a port injected motor will always make more power lol. Also you say they won't be beat but that depends on the new GM 5.5L having a supercharged model that could make its way to Australia, if it does it could very well beat the Coyote but this is quite a long time off and it may well never happen yet so Ford will have the upper hand for quite some time.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T

Last edited:

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
factory standard the coyote wins engine wise not nessaceraly as a whole package though. IMO

Yeah Holden's suspension setup is a quite a bit better then the Fords but then again the Ford 6 speed auto is 1000x better then what Holden have to offer. Tit for Tat really :)

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Yeah Holden's suspension setup is a quite a bit better then the Fords but then again the Ford 6 speed auto is 1000x better then what Holden have to offer. Tit for Tat really :)

all personal choice isit it

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
YouTube - Shelby GT500 Crushes Camaro SS! - Drag Race Showdown

Its obvious which motor is the better one(embarassing actually),the FG GT is also "factory" supercharged,mmmmm.The XR8 now has this Shelby motor,look out 6.2ltrs lol.

Yummy!

dont forget the FPV version is not remotly close to the Shelby version.

i cant say if its better or not but it was engennered in aus for our own use not fully imported only the base engine is imported we do our own supercharging etc.

is the shleby GT500 not 500Hp so 370 odd KW. not the same as a XR8. correct me if im wrong here (sorry i must correct my self 540Hp standard Good as 400Kw and if its a super snake version it could have up to 725Hp or 540kw) also its a 5.4 version of the engine camaros are 426 for manual or 400 for auto so more like 300-317 kw of course the shelby is got a better engine

Last edited:

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
dont forget the FPV version is not remotly close to the Shelby version.

i cant say if its better or not but it was engennered in aus for our own use not fully imported only the base engine is imported we do our own supercharging etc.

is the shleby GT500 not 500Hp so 370 odd KW. not the same as a XR8. correct me if im wrong here

I have edited my post sorry for cunfusion,2nd time lucky,have a look again please.

The new FG GT has the same engine as the Shelby and the XR8 gets the one in my corrected link.

Here it is again.NA shelby 5ltr VS Camaro 6.2ltr.YouTube - 2011 Mustang 5.0L vs Camaro 6.2L Drag Races

Its a killa engine.