Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSZ Exhaust (LS1)

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Hey guys I know exhaust mods were done not so long ago on a topic but that was on the LS2 (6.0L) and was just wondering if you guys wanted to share you exhaust mods on your SS's :whistling

Im keen on getting some decent sound out of my ute without going to overboard..
Most exhaust places here in W.A recommend I get Split 2.5' Stainless steel pipes and extractors.. And of course Cats and Resignaters

But most of the places want near $2000 to $3000 fitted.

Also wanted to know if someone can recommend some good shops here In PERTH that could do the job.

Cheers guys
cikas

A

Andre's SS

Call ex D&T in wangarra :)

THere good and well priced.

Cat back systems not so expensive

GO the whole hog and have $$$

VooDoo

Reaction score
Website
www.oz8.org
Members Ride
HSV GTO. 408ci Stroker, LS3 top end.
Talk to Greg at Sureflow in Sydney about a mailorder system. VERY worthwhile and quite a few in WA have their system.

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
YEah i was talking to allot of the guys at the Ford Vs Holden show today and they all recon im lookin mid to high 2K for a semi decent stainless steel exhaust..

Most said if I get a cat back system , Because I got the auto it will drone to much.. So looks like its a different mod for me or time to start saving the penny's for the exhaust :b:

VooDoo

Reaction score
Website
www.oz8.org
Members Ride
HSV GTO. 408ci Stroker, LS3 top end.
Sureflow systems dont drone. Also stainless is nice for the bling but sound tinny as they are thinner metal. If you plan to keep your exhaust for 10+ years then it might be ok but mild steel is better IMHO. I have a twin 3" sureflow system, full custom with difillpo headers and it cost under 2k fitted. a decent twin 2.5" is $700-800, headers from $550 (ebay is good for pacey's) and get your cats opened up to 2.5" by any 1/2 decent exhaust shop. $1500 should cover it inc freight but as i said, talk to Greg even if you dont order as he doesnt BS you. Feel free to drop my name.

B

blitzem

Hey mate, on our SSZ we have 3' from the cats back with "sports mufflers"

And that has improved the sound 200%..really rumbles, definatly worth doing and was only around the $450 mark.

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Is that on a Auto or Manual setup?

I heard the auto's will drone if you dont have resinaters

wablacksv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSV8M6
cikas said:
Is that on a Auto or Manual setup?

I heard the auto's will drone if you dont have resinaters

Dude check out the LS1 forum you'll get all the info you're after from those who have done it all before.

My experience after doing the single/twin/reso removed thing don't waste time and money just get a Sureflow 3 1/2 single zorst it will fill all you're requirements and after all that good value for money at around $750 inc freight to Perth. My time again I'd go straight for the Sureflow.