Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ssz headlight question

noyzv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, Chevy Luv, VN S Pack
i have just bought a vz ssz and the headlights are always on, it has a sticker on the dash saying 'headlighs on with ignition on feature' is there any way to turn this feature off? it still does it with the switch in the off position, the most i can do is switch it to parkers....
surely there has to be a way to turn them off, thanks in advance.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
its called drl or daytime running lamps
telstra etc have them
you can have it removed not sure exactly what holden does for this but they did my last one
charged an hours labour and thats it so cant be to bad

noyzv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
so its not someing i can do myself then..... =S

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)

noyzv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
my only concern with it was that the low beams are on while trying to crank the engine and sometimes it sounds like it stuggles.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
My uncle's VX Berlina has the same sticker and option. AFAIK, it's a Tech 2 enabled option, which means a trip to Holden or your mechanic with a Tech 2 tool to have it disabled. If you get a good dealer, they may even do it free of charge, considering it'd only be a 10 minute job.

Not sure why a SSZ would have the option, but many fleet cars, as db_notso said, have a "always on" feature enabled for safety. Our mine utes and SUV's have this option enabled for highway and minesite safety.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Having your lights on whilst driving wont flatten your batters, they are powered by the alternator, not the battery. The batteryu is just a storage facility for power.. it also starts your car... so if your having problems starting your car, your battery might be on the way out

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
My uncle's VX Berlina has the same sticker and option. AFAIK, it's a Tech 2 enabled option, which means a trip to Holden or your mechanic with a Tech 2 tool to have it disabled. If you get a good dealer, they may even do it free of charge, considering it'd only be a 10 minute job.

Unfortunately, this modification (Telstra vehicles in particular) is hard-wired into the headlight circuit with a seperate control unit - that is not controlled by the BCM or any of the digital busses at all, so it cannot be disabled as part of a Tech 2 function.

If you or the OP want details of the DRL mod, then PM me for details, which should then give you an idea on how to 'demod' your vehicle if you really want to.