Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Awesomeusername

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Hi, I have a VE SS 2011 series 2 manual with 171k kms ive had an issue twice now where upon starting my car will have a stability control fault and when i take off it seems to be misfiring aswell. I fixed it the first time by disconnecting the battery and waiting approximately half an hour and putting it back on and im trying it again for the second time which is happening now. My question is has anyone had this in the past and if so how did you fix it. Or does anyone know why this could be happening.

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

(P.S i was going to call holden but it is saturday and theyre not open)

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
scan it for codes is first thing, this should tell you whats causing it (other good mechanical -not holden should be able to do this for you) if you are doing short stop start trips it could be battery is low or your battery is dying, it could be a wheel sensor (usually left rear is main culprit) $60 for genuine new one, rear loom again about $60 for a replacement, as a v6 they tend to have other faults that bring this up (v8 usually slightly different) can be maf sensor, auto issue, brake issue, accel pedal or throttle body, scan it if the fault is still there after battery disconnect, but it should remain in history of electronics for it to be read if it go's away, the car shuts down systems to save power r to keep it going to get you home

Awesomeusername

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Thanks for the reply, the battery disconnect removed the issue and im at work now till 10pm so ill have to drop by a mechanic hopefully sometime tomorrow if not monday. Ill get them to scan it and hopefully the code is still in the archives of the computer. If i find out what was causing it ill post a reply for an update incase someone else is having a similar issue

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Fix the ignition problem, usually a faulty ignition coil. When the ecu detects an ignition fault it deactivates stability control.

Awesomeusername

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Oh! That's good to know. Do you know if the computer will have the code to tell which one or do i have to spark check each one

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If you are lucky the code will tell you which cylinder is misfiring.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Yes, the ECU/BMC stores historic codes that has been reset via battery disconnection,
And will remain in the ECU/BMC till they are deleted.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Remember to check the injector resistance on the misfiring cylinder.

Awesomeusername

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Hi guys, just updating.

I went to an electrical mechanic and they couldnt find a code.

I swapped the coil pack i thought was failing and i havent had the issue since. Heres hoping it stays away.

Thanks for all the help

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Good luck mate