Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stability Control/Engine Light/ABS Fault problems. Help!

WBSV308

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Commodore AFM
Hi guys n gals, I have an 2010 SS AFM Commodore, a five year old car !Less than 80,000 k's on clock ! and still has extended waranty! First ABS light comes on, then turns Stability control off ! With a slight shudder in both Brake/throttle peddles... two wheel speed sencors replaced already ! Its happen for a third time now, already taken it back to Irelands where i purchased it and they said i have to replace the battery before they could do anything ! I thought what a joke, such a large corporation, you'd think they would have a battery to put in to check problem ! but no they wanted me to pay $370 for a new battery... at the time i could not afford it, I also have to drive down from Mowbray/Port Douglas, just to be told this ! another joke !! but im not laughing !!!! well i ended up get a new battery from Battery World Cains for $189 fitted (half price) !!! so far done everything by the book ! I feel that they are just waiting for the waranty to run out !!
Its been nearly a month since the battery was put in and all was fine till the next day, it started again !! lights n buzzers goin off, then the brake/throttle peddles shudder bad ! have taken a video of whats going on. was due to go in today but i canceled as this is a real worry to me !! ... i rang to complain about the last time the car was there as im really sick of it... now they have put 1 fella (technition) on the job to take care of me and the car... the problem now is that im to scared to take the car all the way down there with this shudder wich is noisy and can feel it all the way through the floor pan !!! I thought this vehicle would last me at least the next 20 years, Boy was i wrong !
I should of stuck to my old ride !! WB 308 Panelvan, supra five speed and had great ecconomy for an old bus !! and at least i could repair it myself !!
Anyway any suggestions, apart from go buy another panelvan.. lol would be much appreciated..
Cheers..

Wade92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve senator
Hey guys again similar problem 2007 ve senator abs/engine/traction all lights on and never disappear it's there permanent fault code says left hand rear sensor so I replaced both rear sensors also the wiring harness re scanned still present do you guys think that it would be the magnetic abs sensor in the hub

Shauno-81

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0L VE Calais-V.
Mines doing the same mate I've got a sensor on the way but I'm gonna be pissed if I fit it and clear the codes and they come back..

Wade92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve senator
Shaun I have done it all except for the bearing so I can only hope that works

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Buy a OBD2 tester, cheap insurance, at least you have some idea of what is wrong. Knowledge is money. Just slinging parts at a problem is a quick way to the poor house. I bought one from this site, he is Forum member (TazzI) here - Envyous Customs - Holden Commodore Diagnostic Software
Works great.

Glad you liked the kit!

To be a bit more specific, on VE's if you are after engine/transmission diagnostics, you will be after this kit: ELM + Software on ELM Street

Sv6sidibilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 sidi
Today I unplugged maf sensor to check my odb2 scanner.....plugged scanner in, started car then got engine light with abs and esp off checked codes got one for maff, plugged maff back in cleared code, turned motor off restarted no engine light no abs and esp back on.....explain that one!

Matias37

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore berlina auto v6 2007
I had thesame problem the esp and traction control will go off and send the car into limp mode.
The next day I decided to reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery,
but after 10 minutes when I connected the battery back the panic alarm went off and it wouldn't stop and I couldn't start the car.
After cursing Holden for making lemons
I took a look inside the fuse box and remove the fuses that control the panic alarm system, hooked up the battery and started the car, and it was all good took the car for a drive and it was good so I stopped turn the car of and put back the fuses and all worked perfect.

What was causing the fault in my case and you all going to laugh was the cigarette lighter as soon as I connected my charger and phone the same thing and limp mode round 2 as it turn out and I can't explain why connecting some chargers sends the car crazy.

Brendan McLaren

Reaction score
Website
www.holdenracing.net
Members Ride
98' VS SS Ute
Hey guys.. Just joined this great forum. I've managed to solve many issues from here but, this one has me shagged. I have abs fault, brake fail light, check engine light, stability control off and "contact dealer ". I plugged in my obd2 and not a singular code appears.

Car is a 2006 ve omega v, has k&n air filter, brand new spark plugs, just had oil change done 1000km ago and brake pads done 3500km ago. I've had this car since new and not once had an issue. This showed up on me after I had new tires installed on the rear. I have checked the harnesses to the rear wheels, they seam fine, car idles fine and drives as normal.... cruise control doesnt activate with the contact dealer warning up...

I don't have the financials to go to Holden with this issue and with the car not putting codes out, I doubt they can help me anyway. I know there is a few issies with it, it needs a 4 wheel alignment otherwise every other issue is cosmetic.

Thanks

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Hey guys.. Just joined this great forum. I've managed to solve many issues from here but, this one has me shagged. I have abs fault, brake fail light, check engine light, stability control off and "contact dealer ". I plugged in my obd2 and not a singular code appears.

This showed up on me after I had new tires installed on the rear.

Thanks

Are they a different diameter?

As i put some smaller tyres . diameter wise, on the front of my old man's VE Wagon,
and it went mad with those ABS Traction codes, fixed up when I put on some same Diameter tyres, no trip to holden.

The tyres were new , came with a set of rims i bought, they were 235-40-18, car runs 245-45-18