Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stability Control Fault and Contact dealer dash warnings 2011 VE SV6

vinnycolouda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hey VE/VF Holden electrical gurus out there.

Have a 2011 VEII SV6 that’s just spat up a “contact dealer and Stability Control Fault message on the dash. Unable to crank. Both these messages alternate. Sticking my ULM scanner on there showed code U0100 (ECU no communication). Tried resetting, no good initially, then after a time, hear a clunk somewhere, wasn’t really taking note, then messages went from dash. Was able to crank and start but had engine light and additional codes now showing “P0700 Transmission control system MIL request, “P069E, Fuel Pump control module MIL request, and also an ABS code that I don’t recall.

Following this I could reset all DTCs and all good. Rescan and no DTCs. Drive car, all good.

10 mins later after shut down, go to start and same thing again with the alternating “contact dealer and Stability Control Fault message”. Unable to crank.
Battery voltage measured under bonnet not dropping below 12.2v with ignition on with defect present, no cranking.

Any clues anyone? Are there any defects common to the VE commodore that would cause this issue? Will a TECH 2 scan drill deep enough to give a clue on what might be causing this? Possible CAN Bus wiring issue causing the communication DTC?

Any constructive advice would be appreciated….

Cheers Vin…

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
12.2 is actually low
what is the cranking voltage

vinnycolouda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
12.2 is actually low
what is the cranking voltage
Hi mate
Dunno coz I cant start it. Hard faulted at the moment.
If I can get the fault cleared again at some point so I can start, I will check the cranking volts. Problem is, while the 2 messages show on the dash, I cant do anything. They will randomly disappear, along with a clunk I heard last time, I can then crank with an an engine light and the other DTCs showing. I can then clear all DTCs alon with the engine light.

When it does crank though, there's plenty of grunt to the start, so i'm not really suspecting a defective battery. Charge is fine, 14.4v observed by the ULM last run...
I did have a coolant change done about 4 months ago so I might have a good look over all the accessible connectors for any contamination from a spill or other. I was told a while ago that there has been a common windshield leak problem on VE commodores where water can get on certain connectors and cause issues..
Cheers
Vin

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
i assume yo mean elm scanner
have you removed the dongle from obd port as a lot of these cheap scanners actually cause communication errors
have a good look at the connections to the fusible links at the battery
and the rear fuse/relay box

vinnycolouda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
i assume yo mean elm scanner
have you removed the dongle from obd port as a lot of these cheap scanners actually cause communication errors
have a good look at the connections to the fusible links at the battery
and the rear fuse/relay box
Yep, ELM Scanner.
Disconnected dongle after DTC reset, fault still reoccurs. I'll check the voltage at the fuse box and, if the dash displayed errors go so I can start, I'll check the crank volts to ensure Battery is ok.
Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Battery is fkd. ECM is prioritising voltage to more essential system circuits. Shuts down less important functions to keep the engine running.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Have never heard of a common windshield leak on VE’s.

vinnycolouda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Battery is fkd. ECM is prioritising voltage to more essential system circuits. Shuts down less important functions to keep the engine running.
Cheers mate
I managed to get it started last night after warnings disappeared. Measured the volts at the front fuse box and dropping to 9.2v on crank. Not measured at the battery terminals. Not sure what the normal voltage drop from battery to the under bonnet electrics is under crank in a VE however 3 odd volts back to front seems a bit much. I'll check at the battery terminals tonight under crank if I get time. Battery is only just over 12 months old, fitted by RAA... When battery failed last time, I didn't however get any erroneous dash errors displayed, only slow to crank... Might put it to them as a warranty claim if volts are low at the battery terminals on crank....
Hopefully it is the battery as it seems odd that once I manage to clear the DTCs, everything is normal until shut down and with no additional DTCs present then all repeats again after next ignition power on...
Cheers

vinnycolouda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Have never heard of a common windshield leak on VE’s.
A friend of mine had his windscreen replaced on a 2012 VE SV6 wagon. Apparently there was areas of sealant missing on the original windscreen. The repair guy said it's quite common on VEs and does lead to internal leaks.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
9v cranking measured in engine bay is fine