Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stability Control Fault and Contact dealer dash warnings 2011 VE SV6

Krish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE commodore sv6
Hey VE/VF Holden electrical gurus out there.

Have a 2011 VEII SV6 that’s just spat up a “contact dealer and Stability Control Fault message on the dash. Unable to crank. Both these messages alternate. Sticking my ULM scanner on there showed code U0100 (ECU no communication). Tried resetting, no good initially, then after a time, hear a clunk somewhere, wasn’t really taking note, then messages went from dash. Was able to crank and start but had engine light and additional codes now showing “P0700 Transmission control system MIL request, “P069E, Fuel Pump control module MIL request, and also an ABS code that I don’t recall.

Following this I could reset all DTCs and all good. Rescan and no DTCs. Drive car, all good.

10 mins later after shut down, go to start and same thing again with the alternating “contact dealer and Stability Control Fault message”. Unable to crank.
Battery voltage measured under bonnet not dropping below 12.2v with ignition on with defect present, no cranking.

Any clues anyone? Are there any defects common to the VE commodore that would cause this issue? Will a TECH 2 scan drill deep enough to give a clue on what might be causing this? Possible CAN Bus wiring issue causing the communication DTC?

Any constructive advice would be appreciated….

Cheers Vin…
Hey mate! Is it fixed, I’m exactly having the same problem. Same car model

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You need a new battery or alternator. Have the charge circuit checked with the correct equipment. The above quote mentions a battery test method that does not determine battery health. It needs to be load tested and have the charge voltage from the alternator checked. At 12.2v I’d be exploring things further.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Battery is fkd. ECM is prioritising voltage to more essential system circuits. Shuts down less important functions to keep the engine running.
Quoting myself from earlier

Amacturbo69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Has anyone figured this out?
I have the exact same problem every symptom is identical.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

seastar213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 commodore
Has anyone figured this out?
I have the exact same problem every symptom is identical.
Me 2, everything exactly the same. Had battery tested at local auto sparky and they load tested 3 times in a row and rekon it was mint. Always been able to clear codes then a few minutes later be able to start. But now no go.
Very frustrating! Worried the only next step is replacing ecu?

Amacturbo69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah mate unfortunately it was the ecu, I had a guy that was pretty knowledgeable replace it with a second hand one that he reprogrammed. To match my car. Cost me $550 all up. My dad sorted it while I was overseas I'll get all the details off of him tomorrow and shoot you a message with as much info as I can.

Where are you located?
Im in adelaide and it was a mobile guy thst did mine.

seastar213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 commodore
Yeah mate unfortunately it was the ecu, I had a guy that was pretty knowledgeable replace it with a second hand one that he reprogrammed. To match my car. Cost me $550 all up. My dad sorted it while I was overseas I'll get all the details off of him tomorrow and shoot you a message with as much info as I can.

Where are you located?
Im in adelaide and it was a mobile guy thst did mine.
Hey mate, yeah any info handy a.
I'm Northland New Zealand. Think I have found an ecu but will need to suss the shop in town to program it in I guess.