Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stability control turns off, check engine light, U0073 code, no cruise control, accelerator laggs

VZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Gday all, got a problem with my car, its a 2008 Omega, VE, 3.6, auto.

Yesterday it kept turning the stability control off, the accelerator was playing up, when trying to accelerate it would not respond, to get it to respond I had to take my foot off and back on again, also the cruise control will not set, after a while, I got a check engine light with the U0073 code, I did a search through google and found it points towards the wheel speed sensors, so I replaced both today, cleared the engine check light and took it for a test drive, the accelerator played up a couple of times and the cruise control is not working, so I bought it home and disconnected the battery for an hour, that is where I am at now, is there anyone that had similar issues? Or should I line up a tree on the next test drive shortly and say it jumped out in front of me? Just kidding on the tree thing, but any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Gday all, got a problem with my car, its a 2008 Omega, VE, 3.6, auto.

Yesterday it kept turning the stability control off, the accelerator was playing up, when trying to accelerate it would not respond, to get it to respond I had to take my foot off and back on again, also the cruise control will not set, after a while, I got a check engine light with the U0073 code, I did a search through google and found it points towards the wheel speed sensors, so I replaced both today, cleared the engine check light and took it for a test drive, the accelerator played up a couple of times and the cruise control is not working, so I bought it home and disconnected the battery for an hour, that is where I am at now, is there anyone that had similar issues? Or should I line up a tree on the next test drive shortly and say it jumped out in front of me? Just kidding on the tree thing, but any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

Wiring loom on those sensors seems to be common problem, I'm guessing the problem isn't the wheel sensors themselves, it's the wiring. I think it's common with rear loom at the sensors.

VZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Wiring loom on those sensors seems to be common problem, I'm guessing the problem isn't the wheel sensors themselves, it's the wiring. I think it's common with rear loom at the sensors.

Ok thanks, ill do the harness next, funny thing is, I hooked the battery back up, set the security to lock the doors out of park and unlock when put into park, took it for a test drive, same issue, accelerator not responsive lagging out and the stability control off warning, also the cruise control not working, I went in the shops for about half an hour, on the drive home everything seemed ok, cruise control working, no accelerator lag, no warnings, also the security settings reset themself to default, all while I was in the shop, fingers crossed the poltergeist fixed it to avoid any further threats of tree-hugging, when the faults come back (most likely tomorrow) ill change the harness and see how that goes, cheers mate

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Ok thanks, ill do the harness next, funny thing is, I hooked the battery back up, set the security to lock the doors out of park and unlock when put into park, took it for a test drive, same issue, accelerator not responsive lagging out and the stability control off warning, also the cruise control not working, I went in the shops for about half an hour, on the drive home everything seemed ok, cruise control working, no accelerator lag, no warnings, also the security settings reset themself to default, all while I was in the shop, fingers crossed the poltergeist fixed it to avoid any further threats of tree-hugging, when the faults come back (most likely tomorrow) ill change the harness and see how that goes, cheers mate

If the fault comes back, eyeball the complete harness that goes to the R/H rear wheel speed sensor.

VZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
BLOODY HELL ITS BACK! got DTC U0073 and DTC P0500.....

Might have something to do with trying to straddle a dead roo this time, I give up LOL ! I disconnected the battery to try to reset it, no time to deal with it.. without matches... how hards the harness to replace? Without a hoist?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
BLOODY HELL ITS BACK! got DTC U0073 and DTC P0500.....

Might have something to do with trying to straddle a dead roo this time, I give up LOL ! I disconnected the battery to try to reset it, no time to deal with it.. without matches... how hards the harness to replace? Without a hoist?

Should be do-able with the rear end up on ramps.

VZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Cheers, going to give the ramps a go tomorrow and change the harness, got it on eBay for $80, funny enough the car was parked for 15 days, drove it about 200kms today with no faults, cruise control works, no issues, the thing must be haunted! Hopefully, the new harness will scare the ghost away :)

Attachments

• wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 710

H2O jet pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 1 3.6l hfv6 leo
Cheers, going to give the ramps a go tomorrow and change the harness, got it on eBay for $80, funny enough the car was parked for 15 days, drove it about 200kms today with no faults, cruise control works, no issues, the thing must be haunted! Hopefully, the new harness will scare the ghost away :)

Hey just wanted to add my ten cents worth. I have an 08 omega 3.6, exactly the same problem. Would be driving along and put my foot down and nothing more than 30% throttle, (drove while in engineering mode to figure that out), take my foot off and put it back on and have power again. Been trying to find solution for weeks. Removed and cleaned throttle body, no help. Also had issues with my Cruz control either turning off or not activating. Noticed my tail lights were coming on with my foot nowhere near the peddle. Took all the panels below steering wheel off after reading some threads on here and slightly loosened the bolt holding the brake sensor and give it a slight twist and tightened it back up. Very small movement but has fixed brake light and Cruz control issue. Thought while I’m down here I’ll remove my accelerator pedal and check it out. Have a new throttle body on the way but know there is a sensor in the pedal due to fly by wire system. Took cover off the accelerator assembly and cleaned the circuits Put it back together and that has solved the lack of acceleration problem. I’d suggest doing the same, very easy fix just taking panels off. Would love to know if this helps fix your problem as well.

VZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hey just wanted to add my ten cents worth. I have an 08 omega 3.6, exactly the same problem. Would be driving along and put my foot down and nothing more than 30% throttle, (drove while in engineering mode to figure that out), take my foot off and put it back on and have power again. Been trying to find solution for weeks. Removed and cleaned throttle body, no help. Also had issues with my Cruz control either turning off or not activating. Noticed my tail lights were coming on with my foot nowhere near the peddle. Took all the panels below steering wheel off after reading some threads on here and slightly loosened the bolt holding the brake sensor and give it a slight twist and tightened it back up. Very small movement but has fixed brake light and Cruz control issue. Thought while I’m down here I’ll remove my accelerator pedal and check it out. Have a new throttle body on the way but know there is a sensor in the pedal due to fly by wire system. Took cover off the accelerator assembly and cleaned the circuits Put it back together and that has solved the lack of acceleration problem. I’d suggest doing the same, very easy fix just taking panels off. Would love to know if this helps fix your problem as well.

Funny you mention that I did have the brake light stuck on a couple of months ago, I just stuck my boot under the brake pedal and levered it up, hasn't been a problem since but your suggestion will be my next party trick to try if the problem comes back, I managed to find time today to replace the harness, wasn't too bad a job on the ramps, just enough room to do the Gumby arm maneuvers up over the diff, etc, so I went for a test drive and noticed the throttle and gear changes are a lot more responsive, no issues with the cruise control or alarms for the stability control turning off, I even took it on gravel to test the stability control a little, just to see if it would throw a fault and no issues came of it, hopefully, I can cross that one off my list, to be continued lol