Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stage 1 (OTR / headers) tune results

Wogachino

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VF SS-V Redline
Hey mate !

Here is my dyno sheet for my auto '17 Redline.

Mods are camshaft (not lumpy, very subtle) ceramic extractors, 100 CELL cats and VCM OTR and tune. Running stock exhaust system.

315kw/422hp on the dyno

Blue line is non OTR, non dyno tune.

I can't comment on how different it drives due to not driving it without the cam upgrade but I'm in love with how responsive the engine is now. The torque boost is a big plus. I just messaged my tuner asking what cam profile the camshaft is. Will edit when he gets back.

http://imgur.com/a/0JakqKt

Last edited:

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Hey mate !

Mods are camshaft (not lumpy, very subtle) ceramic extractors, 100 CELL cats and VCM OTR and tune. Running stock exhaust system.

315kw/422hp on the dyno

I can't comment on how different it drives due to not driving it without the cam upgrade but I'm in love with how responsive the engine is now. The torque boost is a big plus. I just messaged my tuner asking what cam profile the camshaft is. Will edit when he gets back.

extremely close to my output. The dyno sheet is right on! I bet having the DiFillipo exhaust post-catalytic is only worth the extra 20hp I have on you!

Wogachino

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VF SS-V Redline
extremely close to my output. The dyno sheet is right on! I bet having the DiFillipo exhaust post-catalytic is only worth the extra 20hp I have on you!

Does the DiFillipo exhaust retain the cracks and pops like the stock exhaust ? I love the crackles and didn't want to lose them, hence keeping the stock. Mine retains the crackle and pops but is much louder and aggressive.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Does the DiFillipo exhaust retain the cracks and pops like the stock exhaust ? I love the crackles and didn't want to lose them, hence keeping the stock. Mine retains the crackle and pops but is much louder and aggressive.
They tuned out the blip-on-down-change, of my gearbox, to make changes faster....I miss that, but it's handy on the track. My exhaust is a lot deeper and throatier than stock, not had it up against one with some/not all exhausts, like yours. But, I understand the feeling of having a really nice sound to entertain, keep it, don't change it!

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Hey mate !

315kw/422hp on the dyno

50rwkw gain is good..

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Hi monty_vfssv

Afr shown below. I have no idea what it should be but most graphs i see are much more balanced in the 13 range.

View attachment 200893
Maybe ask your tuner why it looks like that?? Do you know what timing he put into it? My tune is close to 12.7 all the way across except for the initial lean spike.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
the difilippo exhuast is super crackley and poppy in the ls3, especially in a manual