Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stage 2 shift kit price?

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
after a stage two shift kit and a corvete servo in my vr

just wondering where anyone has gone for a good price and a good kitt apparently different brands are different..

also.. was it worth it?

Chady

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Series II Sedan
Trans-Diff
225 Colchester Road, Kilsyth VIC 3137
(03) 9720 8655

VR stage 2 + corvette servo and tranny service = $295+gst

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
transgo shift kit i had in my old vr ss. worth every cent

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Transgo is better than B&M (as it comes with ALOT more parts - the B&M is very basic)

Transgo: $188
B&M: $75-80

Corvette servo: $60

I'm gonna have a crack at building my own when I get it. For $250 it's certainly going to make the car a whole different animal to drive.

Leigh_G

..forgot the sump bolt
Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 VH SLX, '08 Prado Grande
I picked up a corvette 2nd gear servo for about 40something bux from Furious Performance ( Furious Performance, Online Performance Parts Store ). Put it in myself, they provide excellent instructions, it's a pretty simple job.
Ad for shift kits, go with a Transgo stage 2. End of story. The cheapest I could find them in Aus was for $200 (TransGo Hi-Performance Stage 2 Shift Kit for 4L60E (93-0N) [RK-4L60E-HD2] - $207.95 : Furious Performance, Online Performance Parts Store) but I ended up buying mine from summit racing over in the states for $77US. With the strong aussie dollar it was even less in AU. Shipping was a bit ($70AU) but I ordered a whole bunch of crap for the car at the same time so worked out well, shift kit for 1/3 the price!
As for installation, some guys on here have done it themselves, but if u don't have access to a hoist, a very clean work area and a good set of tools, I'd say pay someone to install it. Should take em half a day tops and cost $220 - $300 labour. I paid $250 and it changes gears hard as f*kc now :)