Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stalling at idle

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
did any error codes pop up? if so list them and we can all help you from there
It never rains it pours... if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be ever so grateful.

This morning the old VT (automatic) wouldn't start, she'd crank over and almost kick in then die immediately. I checked all the fuses and relays, and all were fine. A few hours later I tried to start her and she fired up as per normal.

I took her for a drive tonight, and the power train light came on. On the first corner as soon as I let off the accelerator, she stalled. Doing 40-ish around a bend and suddenly losing your power steering and brake booster was poopy. So, now every time that it should return to idle, like stopping at lights or slowing right down, etc, it cuts out. Lights etc keep working, and she will fire up again no worries, but I have to drive around with a foot on the brake and one on the revs to keep it above 1000rpm or it dies.

On an unrelated matter, my internet wont let me access any search engines, its my kids first day at daycare tomorrow and I have to be at court at 9:15am.