Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stalling

V

vrmusicman

i recently put a recond motor in my car but it still has same prob as old motor.engine has a miss and stalls when you put into gear and sometimes when taking off at traffic lights.idle has been reset , injectors been cleaned,coil pack ok,no one seems to know what prob is.have not taken to holden yet (too pricey)code 13 keeps coming up but changed oxygen sensor twice all ready. has any one got any ideas it must be something that came off the old motor??

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (vrmusicman @ Jan 2 2004, 01:03 AM) code 13 keeps coming up but changed oxygen sensor twice all ready. has any one got any ideas it must be something that came off the old motor??
If you have changed the O2 sensor twice, and your still getting a code 13, I would be starting to think there is a break in the wire. It may be happening intermittantly, by the sounds of it, which the break might be touching itself every now and again, which every now and again would be completing the circuit.

V

vrmusicman

ill have a look my self if i cant find anything i guess ill have to pay the money to get it thoroughly checked at holden.
thanks for the info LOCKSMIFF im not that mechanically minded but i fiddle alot and usually fluke things

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
oxygen sensor codes can be caused by a range of things, it doesn't always mean the sensor itself is doing anything wrong - only that the reading is out of spec. that can be caused by incorrect fuel pressure, a leak in the induction system, blocked cat, other stuff.

B

brettkp

a faulty ground or faulty wiring on the o2 sensors (i posted something on this recently) may be contributing.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
As Brett said, it sounds very much like the problem he had with his o2 sensor.

Link---> http://forums.justcommodores.com//index.ph...owtopic=620&hl=

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
could be your exhaust it buggered causing too much backpressure and therefore polluting the O2 sensor as well as putting strain on the engine causing it to idle badly.