Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stance project VE SSV (help & input required please)

JNew

Reaction score

Youd only go a 30 on the rear if you were running 275s.

Also, id avoid going a +42 and then using spacers to get the look youre after. Were talking about +20/30 here. Thats at minimum 12mm spacers. IMO thats really starting to push not only legality but safety.

Might see if I can get a lower offset, say maybe 35 and go from there?

JNew

Reaction score
What about 225/35/20+20P offset front and 245(255)/35/20+30P offset. Then I can fine tune with smaller spacers.

JNew

Reaction score
Out of interest (I have been unable to find a reliable source) does anyone know the factory hub centre size? I have read somewhere that it is 66.9mm but I don't think that is correct as I bought some hub rings and they fit with at least a 2-3mm gap.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
What about 225/35/20+20P offset front and 245(255)/35/20+30P offset. Then I can fine tune with smaller spacers.

Fronts are 8.5 arent they?

If the fronts are 8.5" +20. You will have no issues with running a 245 35 20 on there. If you wanted to lower it more and have the tyre in the guards, 225s.

Rears are 10" running a +30 on there you will be fine with 255 35 20.

From there, I think you could throw on a 5mm spacer (or perhaps even smaller just to really edge the tyre out to the guard a bit more.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Yeah I understand what you're saying here with this. Mind you, to get it perfect also need to compromise a bit in terms of practicality.

At the same time, youre going to be using camber to get the best fitment, not the best tyre wear.

That's my point if your chewing out front tyres, it's handle be rotate them and get the most tyre life.

10's all round would mean they would all have the same dish and I suspect that would look a little awkward? What do you think?

You need to suss that evoke G8, big, deep dishes alround looks mint!!! Anything else looks a burnout car IMO with billets all round. Look at the JDM stance, huge dish front and rear

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Out of interest (I have been unable to find a reliable source) does anyone know the factory hub centre size? I have read somewhere that it is 66.9mm but I don't think that is correct as I bought some hub rings and they fit with at least a 2-3mm gap.

dont quote me on this, but I'm pretty certain series I is 66.9mm and series II is 67.1mm centre bores...

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
dont quote me on this, but I'm pretty certain series I is 66.9mm and series II is 67.1mm centre bores...

I'm happy to be corrected but i'm not sure that's right as MY10 S1 Calais V wheels were fitted to S2 Equip and Berlina Internationals and WM Caprice Wheels were fitted to S2 Commodore Z Series

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
S2 is also 66.9mm centre bore

wheels on red car are work VSXX brombacher, 19x9.5 +30 all round from top of my head, I was going to buy them from original owner but didn't fit over brembo's.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
I wouldn't mind jumping in on this as I'm looking to "stance" or run a reasonable aggressive offset on my ute when I can afford to purchase the wheels I want.

IMO I prefer a staggered setup over a square setup as on some cars the square setup looks weird unless it's awesome concave all around. However everyone has different tastes so OP should just go for whatever he prefers.

As far as offsets and wheel sizes I am wanting to purchase Vossen wheels which have many different widths and offsets. I am looking at 20"x 9" front and 10.5" rear stag setup however. From what I can find I can get these in two preset offsets: 9" in +20 or +35 and 10.5" in +27 or +42. I am also planning on running 245/35 tyres on the front and 275/30 on the rear.

I know the 9"+35 and 10.5"+42 will fit easily (already had all 4 guards rolled and also have coilovers waiting to be installed) however is it worth trying for the 9"+20 and 10.5"+27 offset for a more unique and aggressive fit from a looks/personal perspective?

Sorry to jump in on OP's thread but figured this would be awesome discussion to join in on :)