Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stance project VE SSV (help & input required please)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Vossens with 9 20Ps and 10.5 27P will fit. They'll poke an extra 6mm rear then what Potta had and what I've had (20x9.5 20P with 245 pictured)

2423787B-F77D-469D-A7DE-DCB35DB49A38-1079-000001FADF6B3CBD_zps344ac137.jpg

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Do you think there will be much guard work fitting that offset though? I mentioned earlier front and rear are already as rolled as possible but I'm not overly confident/keen on doing more work. As far as height goes I was planning on setting the coilovers to guard just tucking tyre. Similar to the the ute below: (Credit to brasher for the photo, amazing ute)

EDIT: Actually ducker I would really like to see a VE or even American G8 with similar offsets and widths I am asking about if you know of any I can check out or even any links would be greatly appreciated

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I didn't do a thing besides rolling rear guards and grinding down the bumper tabs, didn't even relocate them.

setup in that photo is with 5mm spacer on front and 10mm on rear, so effective 8.5 +23 and 9.5 +18 with 245/35/19 falkens. You couldn't drive it like that daily in my opinion, drove horrible. Might be the **** pedders coilovers too.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Do you think there will be much guard work fitting that offset though? I mentioned earlier front and rear are already as rolled as possible but I'm not overly confident/keen on doing more work.

9" 20P will fit the front with no guard work IMHO but seeing as yours are rolled you won't need any neg camber.

I think your biggest issue rear would be tyre size a 265 on a 10.5 with 27P offset would be better for guard clearence if your that low and don't want a stiff suspension.

The Vossen you mention will fit easily without much work. Lots of G8s don't need any bumper tab trimming unless there got wide tyre which hit it (like 295s)

Only reference picture close to those specs is a G8 on 10" 20P wheels all round, use willtheyfit.com to compare your new wheels to this guys fitment.

*Teaser* 20x10 +20's - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
There only the worst coilover on the market for these! I've seen so many blow out on this forum, the G8 board and in real life. My mates FG turbo got a few months outta his and barely drove it

Pedders sponsored the car when I worked for Motor Magazine, I really should pull them out. They haven't blown on me yet, just the ride and dampening is terrible.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didn't do a thing besides rolling rear guards and grinding down the bumper tabs, didn't even relocate them.

setup in that photo is with 5mm spacer on front and 10mm on rear, so effective 8.5 +23 and 9.5 +18 with 245/35/19 falkens. You couldn't drive it like that daily in my opinion, drove horrible. Might be the **** pedders coilovers too.

Thanks mate, IMO the pic I posted of your ute is the perfect stance and is what I'd like to achieve. Do you feel it was to hard to drive because of the wheel fitment/poke or the lowered height or more so the pedders coilovers?

9" 20P will fit the front with no guard work IMHO but seeing as yours are rolled you won't need any neg camber.

I think your biggest issue rear would be tyre size a 265 on a 10.5 with 27P offset would be better for guard clearence if your that low and don't want a stiff suspension.

The Vossen you mention will fit easily without much work. Lots of G8s don't need any bumper tab trimming unless there got wide tyre which hit it (like 295s)

Only reference picture close to those specs is a G8 on 10" 20P wheels all round, use willtheyfit.com to compare your new wheels to this guys fitment.

*Teaser* 20x10 +20's - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Cheers for those links mate, I have been using the willtheyfit site to get a rough idea and playing with offsets and sizes, but is still hard to get a rough idea what offsets sit where without actual pics from other VE owners.

My other thought is it may be possible to purchase the lower offset wheels then machine the hubs back to a offset that suits me better. As far as I'm aware Vossen wheels have the same form and the offset is set my hub thickness.

I'd prefer to stick with a 275 tyre if possible, as they are a more common thus affordable tyre.

I took a couple pics using a ruler that had tape markings at the distance the new wheels would sit out more. The lower offsets still sit slightly inside the guard, whilst the low offset sit about 8mm outside the guard.

Front:

Vertical ruler edge against the +20P distance

Rear:

Vertical ruler against +42P:

Vertical ruler against +27P:

I hope all that makes sense and helps you guys help me as much as possible. Cheers

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
More to do with how low it was rather than the coil overs themselves, just becomes totally impractical, have to stop traffic in both directions to shuffle over a speedhump etc.

The exhaust been 30mm off the deck probably **** me more lol, I wore the cat flange all the way down to the bolts, my exhaust guy just shook his head when he saw it haha.

That low offset option is kind of pushing it, Like you said, can always mill the mounting face about 2-5mm depending on the wheel and the amount of meat on the mount. Add in some camber and you might sneak it in.

The look is achieved by going super low in my opinion, rather than the bullshit low offset. Going with airbags would be the go.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
And thats why you need the narrower tyres DJ to get that offset wheel under. Meaty tyre just don't work when that low and aggressive.

Bang on Brasher air bags are the new school VIP and stance cars while the old school is the static guys. Air bagged cars do handle these days when set up right and that's helped there popularity

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm pretty lucky were I live in a country town that there isn't many speed humps I need to get over and worst case can always detour a different way around. I still have the stock exhaust but whenever I upgrade I'll try get the exhaust lifted up as much as possible.

I'll talk to the rep when I get a reply about machining down the hub to a custom offset.

I would love to get bags but sadly funds just don't stretch that far. I agree that the tech has come far enough that they handle as good as any other combo when setup properly.

Fair point about the tyres ducker thanks, might be easier to stick with the more practical offset. I'll have to have a play with the configurator and ruler and find out some more info.

Thanks for all the help so far though, keen to see what other user's have to input on this thread. More info the better.