Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard Alarm just saved my car.

Knud

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Calais V8
Havent posted in a while as my VN's been running f'n sweet.
The other night woke to the sound of my alarm. S H I T, ran down stairs and noone to be found. My Deadlock is gone. Looks like they have smashed something flat under the plastic door handle and busted it. The cops assured me they wouldn't come back that night but I still took leads, fuses etc out from under the hood incase they did.

Anyways, just happy the standard alarm seemed to be enough to keep me car. I have now insured the car as I was nearly sick at the thought of waking up to an empty spot in the driveway. I haevnt had it insured since I got it over 5 years ago. (I used not to have enough money ha ha)

Plan is to now install kill switch and fix the deadlock. (hope I can do that soon as I now only have the alarm, dead lock is gone.)

Anyone else had any close calls with f' kers steeling their wheels.
Also how common is it for these guys to beat the standard alarm too?

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Yeah mine got stolen a couple weeks ago. Alarm did jack all in my case. Such a bad feeling walking out to a carpark to find you pride n joy is gone. But got her back 1 and a bit weeks later with minor damage:)

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
some1 tried the pry the door handle of my vs.. but didnt end up gettin it off.. they just bent it.. 2 bad they didnt get the door open cos i would of heard the alarm..

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
ive had a close call with my hz.
i used to park it under a tree out the fornt of my mums house wheni lived there.any way one nite at about 11:30-12:30 i ran out of smokes so i went to get some. opened the front door and walked out side, got to my car to find BOTH front doors open, my solex lock out of the passanger side on the seat and no one in site. im not sure if they were after my stero but it had no face on it.
i shut the doors jumped in and did about 10 lapes of the block looking for any one but with no luck.

there was no hope of them stealing the car with the noise of the exaust. it used to wake up the whole house and both the nabours when i left for work at 7:30

sk00bs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
i didnt have an alarm on my sl/e but a gearlock and a padlock over the shifter.
almost 4 weeks now and the police havent found it. i am getting the works on my next car including a policeman to stand next to it when its parked!!! x]

sk00bs

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
how good is the standard alarm/immobilser on a vs ss.... and if i get it upgraded will i still b able 2 use the key to disable alarm or do i get another pad thing.. or isnt it really worth upgradin it

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
I used to have this little shitbox cordia turbo run around when i had no license and some f#ckers tried to nick it while i was at my mates. They got in and started it but the car had a remote imobiliser and i was walking out with a mate. Pressed the button an the car died. Don't know if i can write what we did to them....?

333VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina V8
hahah nice ^. My mate parked his car in Richmond for about 20mins and when he came back it was unlocked and all his wiring under the steering wheel was pulled out. He was lucky.

only-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted vy + 20s = good
well on my old vs i had an alarm that saved it at least 5 tiimes once on the side of the road for about two minutes alarm went off mates n me chased the no hoper down the road he didnt try again.
and the other times at work people i work with cahsing some guy away all the time then just before i got it alarm statred to play up after work had a look case broken and hanging down in reach got it fixed and moved out of reach from underneath