Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard ride height of a '94 VR Berlina

BerlinaBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Berlina - Stock standard
Can anyone tell me the standard (factory) front and rear ride height, e.g. hub to guard, of a VR Berlina - with IRS if it makes a difference.

Mine is sitting on the original springs and I'm wondering how much they have sagged and whether I should replace them when I replace the shocks/struts - they have all done well to get to 203 000 km.

Thanks in advance.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Can anyone tell me the standard (factory) front and rear ride height, e.g. hub to guard, of a VR Berlina - with IRS if it makes a difference.

Mine is sitting on the original springs and I'm wondering how much they have sagged and whether I should replace them when I replace the shocks/struts - they have all done well to get to 203 000 km.

Thanks in advance.
Depends who's measuring, normally its from the road to the lowest point of the vehicle (anything, exhaust, bodykit). I think vr has standard clearance of 143mm

BerlinaBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
That would be about right for the exhaust, but since the rubber mounts would have stretched and the exhaust is a replacement I'm not sure if it means much. Exhaust certainly looks like it should be higher, including the hole forming just behind the cat where the pipe has scraped a couple of times.

I make the sump as being about 175 mm off the ground and centre of wheel to guard lip distances (on level ground after a quick bounce) as being about:

Front driver's 370 mm
Front pass. 380 mm
Rear driver's 390 mm
Rear pass. 380 mm

So she's a level on the passenger's side, but a bit out of whack on the driver's side and overall. Anyone know if that's enough to make a difference? Sounds a bit suss to me.

Seems to be a few stats for lowered suspension around, so I might try to back-calculate from those.

BerlinaBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update: Redbook here says the height is 1478 mm and a level on the roof to a tape says mine is 1450 mm, so yeah, she's dropped a bit (28 mm, just over an inch!) as expected.

Seems to make it somewhere equivalent to between FE2 and Low from what I make of it, which is worth noting if you're interested in lowering your car.

Anybody else have some measurements from theirs so I can confirm? Only takes a min. (BTW mine is a V6)

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Update: Redbook here says the height is 1478 mm and a level on the roof to a tape says mine is 1450 mm, so yeah, she's dropped a bit (28 mm, just over an inch!) as expected.

Seems to make it somewhere equivalent to between FE2 and Low from what I make of it, which is worth noting if you're interested in lowering your car.

Anybody else have some measurements from theirs so I can confirm? Only takes a min. (BTW mine is a V6)
ive got fe2 on mine so no point in me measuring that...