Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

standard suspension replacement

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
might sound like a strange question, but anyone know a approx cost of having the springs and shocks changed, but using something close to the original berlina spec?
My springs have sagged and the shocks are on their way out, cars done 95000,all hot kms. But i dont wanna sacrifice comfort for performance handling, its my home-tafe-work comfy cruiser, not a race car.
I've only ever seen people lower their commodores, and raise their 4wd's. I assume u can buy stock parts?
Thanks for your thoughts
cewing

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Just go to ur local suspension joint & ask for standard springs/shocks for a VY s2 Berlina:thumbsup:

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
You'll be able to find a brand new and complete FE2 shock and spring package on eBay for about $400..

-Nick.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
thanks for the replies. I think i'll end up going through GSL, as cheap as the fe2 on ebay are, i'll probably want stockies, or something close to it.

Greg, you refered to the berlina as having a 'low' spring height, are u assuming it has FE1.5? or do you mean the bog stock setup(exec) is equivilent to 'low' height springs. I know the VY S2 calais has fe1.5(no cost option), i believe the berlina is the same setup as the exec and acclaim.
as you can proably easily tell i wont be doing the work myself, my friends dad is a panel beater and'll pop em in for me.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
Holden are cheap as too for the stockies, they use monroe, i quoted up fe2 for my vy ss and it was cheap as, i was suprised, so yours will be cheap too.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Greg, you refered to the berlina as having a 'low' spring height, are u assuming it has FE1.5? or do you mean the bog stock setup(exec) is equivilent to 'low' height springs. I know the VY S2 calais has fe1.5(no cost option), i believe the berlina is the same setup as the exec and acclaim.
Oh ok, my bad, then you'll just grab std height springs, which are the same price. I assumed the Berlina ran the FE1.5, but yep, stock Exec will just be std height springs then.