Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard Tyres

Green_VS

Reaction score
What are the best all round tyres to put on a V6 VS Commodores ?,
The Bridgestone RE92 were the standard tyres 205/65h/15 is it worthwhile to buy another set of them or is there better tyre to put on the standard rims.

TIA

Anthony.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
The re92's will do a good job but if u want sumfink thats a bit better tractions for a good price i use Dunlop SP sport SP300e 205/65/15 they go for round 120ea and are silica based.....
Ive had em on me VN now the VP n have been usein them for close to 3yrs now, they get a good mileage too but not sure how much by memory
I swear by em n i recon u dont have to turn as much, not much less but still less

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
You can also go slightly wider too. I run Bridgestone G-Grids 215/60/R15's and these are an excellent tyre. They are excellent in both the wet and dry and are definately an improvement upon the standard ones that u mentioned.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
Dunlop 300E can do over 40,000 kms easily if you dont have a lead foot :)

dont trust me I only sell them lol

edit what a nice car in the pic calais_crusin... oh wait its mine

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
I run Yokohama C Drive 215/60/15 tyres on my VS Berlina. Very very happy with them, they seem to be lasting quite well, and have exceptional grip in both dry and wet conditions. In the wet I can brake quite hard, and still not have the ABS kick in, until the very last moment.

I previously had Yokohama A539s tyres, which were also excellent, but due to a dodgy alignment at Bob Janes they only lasted 27,000kms