Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

start problems with my vz

loleqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vz
Hi guys, this is my very first post hoping to hear your opinion about what's going on with my car.
I have a wagon commodore vz 2005. I bought it early this year. The thing it's that I'm having some issues to get the car started, the most of the time when the car is warm but when it's cold as well, just sometimes. At the beginning wasn't too bad, but the problem started getting worse (used to help the car started pressing the speeder), until one day it gave me the "click" noise and stops starting at all. A friend helped me with a jumper and the car came back to life, next day I tried to start it and no problem at all, I went to the petrol station and ******* click me again. Then the electrician told me was a battery problem and he changed it. After that, the car was starting smooth so I thought problem solve,. Unfortunately no, and 2 weeks later the car start with same problems than before:
- start fine and quick but it turns off 1 sec later or
- I've to speed to help it started or
- the fricking "click".
- after started the car shakes hard like it's about to turn off, this happens even when I'm stopped in traffic lights

I've suspected from the starter motor from a while (and mechanics too) but its still unclear.
What do you think guys:
- starter motor problems?
- computer or immobilizer? (key remote sometimes doesn't open the car)
- something else? What?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You will find something either has gone wrong with your PCM as it regulates your charging of the battery, or its just a alternator issue, the electrician should of tested the voltage, pull up the codes if you have a obd2 scanner.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi guys, this is my very first post hoping to hear your opinion about what's going on with my car.
I have a wagon commodore vz 2005. I bought it early this year. The thing it's that I'm having some issues to get the car started, the most of the time when the car is warm but when it's cold as well, just sometimes. At the beginning wasn't too bad, but the problem started getting worse (used to help the car started pressing the speeder), until one day it gave me the "click" noise and stops starting at all. A friend helped me with a jumper and the car came back to life, next day I tried to start it and no problem at all, I went to the petrol station and ******* click me again. Then the electrician told me was a battery problem and he changed it. After that, the car was starting smooth so I thought problem solve,. Unfortunately no, and 2 weeks later the car start with same problems than before:
- start fine and quick but it turns off 1 sec later or
- I've to speed to help it started or
- the fricking "click".
- after started the car shakes hard like it's about to turn off, this happens even when I'm stopped in traffic lights

I've suspected from the starter motor from a while (and mechanics too) but its still unclear.
What do you think guys:
- starter motor problems?
- computer or immobilizer? (key remote sometimes doesn't open the car)
- something else? What?

Step one, make sure the battery in the key head is good.
Keep an eye on the flashing lock when you go to start the car. It could easily be the security system doing its job because of the key.

Could be a dickie alternator.

I doubt its a starter motor issue because the car is starting.