Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

starter motors!!!!!

vh2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
wat the red wire go's to the starter or or the battery is the fusible link a red wire that changes to black

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
yea the red wire is down nere the starter it gose to the positive on the starter yes black to red on the battery terminal

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
should be a round crimp on terminal that goes on the positive battery pole of the starter with the main fat power wire if you dont have one dangling round not connected it can sometimes be feed from the battery positive instead of the starter.sometimes it is attached to the starter with a spade terminal like the crank wire as well.this will supply the ignition switch or fuse box with power

vh2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
so wat your saying is that there should be 3 wires to the starter is this right man

vh2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
well where does the other red wire come from cause i only got 2 of the wires connected at the moment they are the fat positive and the violet ignition wire if i knew where to look i might be able to get something happening thanks man

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
mine i think goes to the positive battery not sure as its rapd in the loom delcowizzid might know hes a electrics man by the looks of it

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if you cant see any unconnected wire hanging somewhere near the starter and didnt take one off when you removed the old starter it will be feed from the battery positive terminal instead.

vh2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
so you have got 3 wires at your starter motor end right