Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting Issue

sk2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 'S' pack.
Hi guys,

In the last couple of days the car has struggled to fire when turning the key. It will take about 3 key turns with some cranking before she will fire up.

It's not the start motor. The security light is not on. Fuel filter, plugs, leads, coils all pretty much new.
I cannot hear the 'buzz' from the car when turning the ignition.
I even replace the fuel pump with a newie I had on the shelf that I had for install in my previous VS. No Difference.

And I checked tunerpro no error codes.

Any help appreciated.

sk2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 'S' pack.
I had the battery tested in November when I got a pink slip. Mechanic used that flast century tested.

I had hoped someone might have had an idea with my issue.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Do you have fuel pressure when you key on and when your cranking?

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Does it crank every time you turn the key or when you turn the key it does nothing and that's why it takes multiple key turns?

Thinking of neutral lock out switch on shifter. If contacts are dirty, which is a fairly common problem with this model, it can make it hard to start.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...verse-light-switch-auto-vr-vs-commodore.87157

This might help solve your problem. Has helped me with my VR SS and recently fixed a mates VS Grange with starting issues with this method