Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

starting problems with my vp berlina

• Thread starter davidbuckthought
  • Start date
D

davidbuckthought

hey guys, just wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem ive got with my vp berlina. bit of background, around 10 months ago i got it converted onto gas, and got my alternator fixed a month ago. now my problem is it occasionally it doesn't start. The problem has been happening for around 6months. When i get in to the car and turn the key to the point before ignition normally the dash lights light up (ie. oil and battery lights), but when its not going to start nothing lights up. When i try and start it, turns over but never starts as if there isnt any fuel. it was very rare to happen 6 months ago, however has started happening more and more often. Usually if i wait a couple of hours and get in it'll work. Its not the immobilizer and it happens on both petrol and gas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys
Dave

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Do you get any error codes?
Has it got clean battery terminals? If not when clean coat in grease to stop corrosion.

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
ok how about check if the battery is atleast charged enough for it to start? jump start it could be flat battery cause mine did the same thing sometimes it wouldnt start, i fully charged the battery... maybe even try giving it a service with the spark plugs??? but if ur lights dont turn on it could be ur battery connection maybe ur cables are lose or even damaged??

immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
sound slike some sort of electrical fault, possibly the ignition switch as it seems like the ECU not being powered up, sounds like the battery is ok if it starts fine a couple of hrs later. check both fuse panels and make sure all the fuses/relays are in firm and can't move around etc