Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting without the key

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
What about the steering lock?

matman_72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
thanx superlow, thats enough to help,
as for the steering lock,I can reverse it straight onto the driveway, about 10 metres,
and leave it there, even if it is diagonal, at least I'll be able to work on it.
Hers why it aint ideal to try jacking, blocking etc, just to see the drivetrain.
Its hard to tell cos' im crouched down, but it slopes down at the front also-bit inconveneient.
Pic0304010.jpg

I understand the reluctance to answer this, damn, i was reluctant to post it, but dont ya think, Squid,
if I wanted to learn how to do something...man, ANYTHING illegal, there's places to look, rather than
ask on an open forum.

Thanx guys

matman_72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
True huh? Dunno what a thief would do around here for an hour, quiet suburban street, theres always someone home, everyone knows everyone. Even if they did try, they'd be stuffed, no plates, theyd get picked up quick, not to mention the dead battery lmao.

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
matt id be more than happy to help you out with your problem but you know what it sounds like right. If you have any other problems during the project feel free to pm me and i'll help you out where i can

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Glad i could be of assistance..

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
LOL its got 14" VN rims on the rear :beer chug:

matman_72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
Cheers Squid, I agree that would be a better way for this kinda info, for all involved,
Matt

LOL its got 14" VN rims on the rear :beer chug:
It does?? and that means?? LMAO, as you can see I know squat about Commo's, the last Holden I had was a beautiful
HZ Kingswood, had a red motor to rebuild for it, but it ended up trashed. Anyway, that's why i may come out with the occasional stupid
question regarding Commodores.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
It may be too late (car already moved) but with the ignition lock removed as above to allow steering and cranking, the wait with the ignition on can be avoided (might be annoying if the battery is discharged already) as the car will start if cranked over and supplied fuel, even without the anti-theft disabled. A squirt or two of carb cleaner or starting fluid in the air intake administered by an assistant as the car is being moved would do it.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
No way around the wait as the car immobilizer will stop the car from starting..