Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

startng problems

6-PAC-ATTACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EX S1 3.8L
Hi all' i have a issue with starting it does not happen always mainly on hot days .go to start car nothing then starter motor slowly starts to kick in can see it sucking all the power lights faiding ect after a few slow cranks by the starter motor it starts i have checked voltage on battery 12.9 v so all good ther just want to know if any one has had the same proplem as i do not want to be forkin out for two parts a new starter motor or body control module until i can isolate the problem .Thanks heaps who helps

PattieG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VT commodore olympic edition
i think i got the same problem as u o_O lol... sorry im not good with cars.. but my vt struggles to start when lets say i stop for 10-20 minutes jump back in to start... it really struggles to start.. my mechanic said possibly the starter motor which i have to agree cos my dad is pretty smart with this stuff... starter motor=300$ mark

club255

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Hsv WM Grange
check the water in you battery:) i had the same prob checked the batt and it was bone dry.filled it up and haven't had a prob since :)