Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Startup and idle issues

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There have been a couple of instances where these type of issues re-appeared after doing a fuel pump, in those cases it turned out to be non genuine type pumps that were failing. Fuel pressure test to confirm.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
New fuel pump and filter 2 years ago, doesn’t mean that I haven’t picked up some dirty fuel with all the running around for cheap petrol these days though. At this point I am willing to try almost anything, it certainly can’t hurt when turning it over and it not firing it is like there is no fuel, if the purge solenoid is faulty that would affect the pressure also yes?
Change the fuel filter asap as 2 yrs is to long, every 6 months or 10-15000 km best in my opinion. If you put the lique Molly in tomorrow when filling up, it will dissolve whats stored inside the filter and the engine will burn it.
After about 100 km you will notice some dark exhaust fume on exeleration and better running and idle, it will be best noticed after 5-600 +. I'd suggest to go for a cruz on the hwy to get it circulating but not necessary. You would be best repeating the treatment 2-4 tanks appart in my experience but depends on you, for 5-10000 km

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
I've got a vr so could be different,but I had the same issue with hard starting and wierd idle and it ended up being my fuel pressure regulator,runs like a dream now and it has 330k on it