Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

State of Decay - Refused R18+ classification in Australia

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
So, because my character needs to take morphene to ease his pain/regain health, thus making for a more realistic approach, it gets banned because some tools are addicted to methamphetamines in real life and it gives people a negative influence. Sorry but that's their problem, if I want to use morphene in a game then I should be able to dang nabbit!

When are they going to stop treating us like kids? Then again, if I see something in a mvoie I don't think anything of it, but once I play it in a game, aw yeahh time to go do it in real life!! /sarcasm

What about taking steroids in Duke Nukem 3D? Or knifing the dogs in Wolfenstein 3D?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
All consoles next gen are region free. The only ones that will be missing out at retailers.

Lucky xbox went region free , now can just buy of amazon or something

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Someone I know has the banned immortal kombat (not sure if its still banned)
But when I was researching how to get it. I found a few articles of people trying to buy banned games and being slugged with big fines.

Is this true. Is it OK to buy banned games from places such as amazon or American eBay?

If the ps4 is region free. Then I will be buying games from overseas also. But don't want to 'accidentally' get a banned game.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I bought The Walking Dead (original version not the Daryl Dixon one) on PS3 from the UK. A mate told me it's banned here, the rating is M17+.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
State of Decay is now available for download through Xbox Live. 1.8GB and 1600MP to purchase. Am downloading as I speak.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
State of Decay is now available for download through Xbox Live. 1.8GB and 1600MP to purchase. Am downloading as I speak.

and ps3 is region free so they can buy it from where ever

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If the ps4 is region free.

Get your games from New Zealand. AFAIK they don't have the same tight classifications we have and share the same region locks on movies and games.

Most Blu-Ray movies are region free, there's still a few studios that are region locking their films though.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I have a mate in the UK, I've just transferred cash in the past and had him Steam gift the game to me.

Be buggered if I'll let a bunch of God botherers dictate these sorts of decisions, sure I don't need or really care about the implied activity, it's just the principle, say fluff no to moral censorship.

dasweetdude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 1999 Berlina S2 Supercharged V6
I just made a American account on my xbox and dowdloaded the game the day which was months ago.Logged off the us account back in and play in on my aus account and you get the achievments because its saved on the drive. Who cares about the classification.l'm sure ya over 18+ anyway.Good way to get arcade games in the us in aus.

dasweetdude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 1999 Berlina S2 Supercharged V6
l had it great game got that on the ps3 one of the best tittles they did.