Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

State of origin 2013

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
QLD really lacked the punch of a good forward pack

Thurston didn't do anything interesting

Slater, caught the ball a couple of times, ran around a little.

Gallen, Should have been sent off.

It took 50 mins before something interesting started to happen. Mostly due to Inglis

Blues won this game, they came out firing on all cylinders.

Refs Calls were a bit iffy at times.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
No way should Gallen have been sent off.

If it wasn't 1 v 1 maybe sin bin but no way sent off.

Not a dog move either, lesson for Myles, Don't go pushing people getting up all aggressive with your hands down.

QLD definitely didn't see alot of the ball in attacking area which is what they really needed.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
No way should Gallen have been sent off.

If it wasn't 1 v 1 maybe sin bin but no way sent off.

Not a dog move either, lesson for Myles, Don't go pushing people getting up all aggressive with your hands down.

QLD definitely didn't see alot of the ball in attacking area which is what they really needed.

Players push and shove eachother whilst getting up out of almost every tackle. Thats nothing out of the norm. Gallen just opened fire without any push and shove or real provacation from miles.

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Gallen prob should have got 10.

If nate wanted a penalty he should have appealed to the ref. instead he provoked gallen and pushed him in an origin game, what did he expect? Got what he asked for, I think.

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
Gallen should of got ten,Inglis needed to get his hands on the ball a bit more,but I think nsw turned up playing origin level and qld turned up to play club level at best.bring on game 2 should be a good one

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
1 v 1 fights don't have send offs especially in origin. Third man in would go to the bin or anyone who escalates it.

Plenty of other 1v1 (Inglis vs Scott) (Price vs White, third man got sent) (O'donnell vs taylor)

Its a bit of a whinge to be calling for send offs now when a QLDer is on the losing end. If it was other way round I'd say good on em and get on with game.

Surprised third man Thaiday didn't make an appearance with a few shots from behind though.

In the end its a tough game and they got on with it like they should have. Didn't have any effect on the football played and everyone got a bit of biff.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
1 v 1 fights don't have send offs especially in origin. Third man in would go to the bin or anyone who escalates it.

Plenty of other 1v1 (Inglis vs Scott) (Price vs White, third man got sent) (O'donnell vs taylor)

Its a bit of a whinge to be calling for send offs now when a QLDer is on the losing end. If it was other way round I'd say good on em and get on with game.

Surprised third man Thaiday didn't make an appearance with a few shots from behind though.

In the end its a tough game and they got on with it like they should have. Didn't have any effect on the football played and everyone got a bit of biff.

Dont be making excuses for Gallen. He stopped, waited for Miles to get closer, then hit him. Dog move if you ask me. Especially since he's their captain AND a senior player. Doesn't matter who you are, QLD/NSW/ACT or VIC, a dirty player is dirty.

But then again, Gallen would punch a butterfly just cause'

EDIT: Just watched the clip again. Gallen goes in with an arm to Miles's face. Miles then gives him a little shove, then stops and leans backwards. Gallen then hits Miles.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Thought the refs call on the QLD try was a bit harsh, Double movement. The second NSW try was almost identical movement when he put the ball over the line.

Bring on game 2, Hope QLD pull finger and play at origin level.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Dont be making excuses for Gallen. He stopped, waited for Miles to get closer, then hit him. Dog move if you ask me. Especially since he's their captain AND a senior player. Doesn't matter who you are, QLD/NSW/ACT or VIC, a dirty player is dirty.

But then again, Gallen would punch a butterfly just cause'

EDIT: Just watched the clip again. Gallen goes in with an arm to Miles's face. Miles then gives him a little shove, then stops and leans backwards. Gallen then hits Miles.
Where's my excuse for gallen?

There has been plenty of fights in recent years, its a thing of origin. Myles walked forward pushing and all aggressive and Gallen responded 1 v 1.

I could say that Inglis punching Scott was a dog move a couple years back, but I didn't, don't, wouldn't because I'm not gunna start sooking and whinging the one time it goes the other way.

It's just a part of origin. Unfortunately the QLD player came out second best which is unlucky. Plenty of time its been the other way round.

No time to whinge now.