Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

State of origin 2013

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
Seeing as we have a long time to talk about it why not have a thread,

Thoughts on the game?

Mine,

Refs: ordinary, few bad calls but no game changers

NSW: Great team, wouldn't change any of them, Maloney what a debut especially ferguson

QLD: Still hate them but if I was a supporter I wouldn't change my side, inglis is an animal

My man of the match: Luke Lewis

Bring on game 2

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Calls worked out pretty even. Hate people that blame the ref.

WAY to many errors on our behalf, disappointing.

Lewis killed it, Hayne was great, overall I think the team is really decent. They can play quick and if they kept the erros down I think we'd have a few more points on the board.

Love Gallen ! Gotta get up in there faces and exactly what he did even though he was bigger then him. Nothing bigger then Origin fights amirite ?

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
Agree! Origin fights are the best!, definitely wasn't blaming the refs though, just seen a few odd calls but like I said no game changers.

Gallen definitely did put in a great display, hayne needs a new club his talent is wasted at parra! Had the privilege of playing with him at cabramatta, always been a Great player!

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Refs : Average, I honestly think if the touchy had of ruled inglis out ( which he was ) we would of gone over that next set.

Either way was a good game to watch, Apart from all the errors on our behalf.

our side was extremely strong i thought we would struggle on defence but surprisingly we played a rather good defensive game.

I would of liked to have seen more from DCE for QLD though.

EDIT: origin fights are by far the best.

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Mitchell Pearce (sp?) is a joke. He would be the only one I'd change. He did nothing. Laurie daily had him picked last season.

SM1D3Y

aka Drew
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67
Gallen is a bloody sook ! Cops miles high stands up put 2 clean hits on his jaw with as much force as my granma then proceeds to cry about game 2 in 2005 hahaha quality captain's moment ! The rest of the NSW Team were solid, played with intent and got the job done. In all honesty they should of put more points on QLD, to only be them by 6 and dominate possession like they did would be disappointing. Having said that Jennings try was a cracker !!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I don't really care about Origin, but from what I saw (Which was pretty much from the fight onwards), the game seemed alright, albeit a bit sloppy from both sides at times, but alright in general.

107413-gallen.gif

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
The refs were very ordinary.

Gallen shouldve been off the field, end of story. Myles did absolutely nothing. You cant punch the guy for something he mightve done last year and get away with it.

Queensland played like **** for the first 50 minutes, Thurston needs to pull the finger out for game 2.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Something that shits me off, is that (and I really couldn't care less who wins) when QLD win, all I hear is how good they are, but they lose game 1 and now I hear nothing about origin, even the radio host on B105 was like "We're not talking about Origin at all today" in his sulking fashion. I swear even the news sites are being biased about it :/ They can still (and probably will) win the series again this year, gotta' admit they do have a solid team, though they seem to be getting old haha.

Anyway when's the next game, is it next week on Wednesday?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Queensland played way to flat and bunched up for the first 50.

Nsw deserved thenwin because they played better dont get me wrong, but some of the referees calls were just poor.

Im all for a fight, but when the guy copping the punches hasnt even had a chance to get his hands up or be ready for whats coming, thats a dog move.