Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Statesman driveshaft length

Scullboy19

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh statesman supercharged
Hey, so would like to know if anyone knows if the driveshaft in a statesman is the same length as a commodore because I’m gonna be changing my statesman to a manual and was worried about driveshaft length because ik the statesman is longer then a commodore but idk about the driveshaft so like would I use the manual driveshaft or a commodore auto driveshaft or what because if none of that works well then Idk what to do

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Which statesman do you have?
If it's a WM or WN, then a manual ute tailshaft should work as they both share the long wheel base.
Don't know about the previous gens.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The overall length is different. If it's anything like the 2nd gen Commodores, you use a mix of the two. The front half is usually engine/gearbox specific, nd the rear half is body specific.

Scullboy19

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh statesman supercharged
The overall length is different. If it's anything like the 2nd gen Commodores, you use a mix of the two. The front half is usually engine/gearbox specific, nd the rear half is body specific.
How do I use a mixture of the two?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Holden's use 2 piece drive shafts. 1st and 2nd gen (and some 3rd generation) have a CV joint in the middle. Simply unbolt at the CV joint ( 6 allen key bolts) and put the correct halves together to suit your car/engine/transmission combo. Just make sure you keep the universal joint phasing correct (the angular relationship between the front and rear universal joints).

Also, I suggest you alter your location details to just suburb or county etc. No need for full address. A little online security is a good thing.