Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Statesman goes after a long career

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
All info from the The west Australian,by Steve League.
The holden states was originally created to compete against the Ford Fairlane in luxury large-car market,and later against the LTD.Built on the longer station wagon wheelbase, it began essentially as a more powerful,better-equipped premier but the improved ride,comfort and lavish equipment of later models earned it recognition as a true luxury car.
Ironically, it now follows the same fate as the fairlane, which went out of production just shy of its Th anniversary.Holden will retire its luxury statesman limousine after almost 40 years.
Holden executives said the statesman was discontinued and its local commodore-based luxury line-up trimmed from four models to two because of customer feedback. ''Market research consistently told us that the Caprice nameplate, with its definite sports luxury character,appealed to a far broader customer base''.Holden executive director of sales,marketing and after sales, John Elsworth,said.It will be replaced by two freshened versions of its range-topping caprice long-wheelbase luxury sadden.

Pricing of the new model line up will not be released until the official launch in two weeks but the standard model will come with the kW V engine mated to a six speed automatic transmission.The new top of the range v-series will be powered by a version of the kW 6.liter V that can run on either petrol or a blend o ethanol(up to 85%) and petrol.It will be matched to a six speed auto.If run on petrol alone,fuel consumption for the V falls to 9.L/km(down from 10.L/km)While the V drops to 12.L/km(down from 12.6L/100km.The are no fuel consumption figures available for Thar E fuel.The Caprice V-series will also come standard with a sunroof,full leather trim,a dual-screen rear DVD system, tri-zone climate control,air conditioning and premium audio system.Other changes include a multimedia touch screen with satellite navigation,rear-view camera,music Head-disk,external music player integration and SUB flash drive.Changes to the Caprice's Blue tooth integration also add features such as address book support and dialed -number history.

M

mwb235

So the old Statesman becomes the new Caprice, and the old Caprice becomes the new Caprice V. Ford axed their LWB model completely but Holden are just changing the name. Not such a big story really but i'm sure The West Australian thought it'd sell.

No one cried when the Commodore Acclaim was dumped did they?

But thankfully Holden haven't axed the LWB too - that would be really bad news!

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
So the old Statesman becomes the new Caprice, and the old Caprice becomes the new Caprice V. Ford axed their LWB model completely but Holden are just changing the name. Not such a big story really but i'm sure The West Australian thought it'd sell.

No one cried when the Commodore Acclaim was dumped did they?

But thankfully Holden haven't axed the LWB too - that would be really bad news!

I know its not story of year but i think its still news weather good or bad and its worth a read.

M

mwb235

Yep agree with you 100% scouser king, i wasn't criticising your original post at all mate.

Sometimes it just makes me laugh though how the media report things. The way they reported this made it sound like Holden were completely ditching the LWB aka Ford did, but reading on it became clear they weren't. IMO this is just sensationalism on the part of the journalist.

Anyway i've always thought a Caprice and an SS would be a great combination, so the new Caprice V will fit the bill nicely. I might be able to afford a second hand one in 5-6 years or so!

trav_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss and vs statesman
does that mean my statesman will go up in value slightly????

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
You would have to think so wwoould you? It would now be kind of a collectable yeh?

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
is this Holden tightening the belts now ford has realised the new engine? With the try of the 'redline edition' and all, are they getting worried :boxing:

QldKev