Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

statesman III centre console

crazstaat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Statesman III
does anyone know how to take out a series 3 statesman console to get through to the radio ??? thankkzz :D

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i havent had a chance to play with a statesman console, but i would assume that its very similar to a standard VR-S.

Lift the base part where the power window switches and handbrake is, from the rear, that will pop up, unclip the wiring for power windows and ciggie lighter. then you should see 3 screws below the stereo area. undo them, and gently prise the console surround from the bottom and it should pop out.

now you should have access to the radio.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Open your console lid and there is two plugs that connect the cover to the console. Get those out then lift it up and out. The stereo surround is fairly easy, three screws at the bottom and two in the sunglasses holder at the top. I think thats all of them.

jones-84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
under the arm rest there is 2 push in plugs. pry them out the lift up the cosole from the rear and slide back enought to see 3 screws under the radio pocket. also there is 2 screws behind the fold down part above the radio. after removing they should just pull out :)