Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

statesman pacies. washers under mounts?

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
okay ive had pacies in the vs statesman for about 6 months now.
and YES they are the variable ones. but they hit the steering low pressure return line.
its been leaking but now the line has finally snaped so gota replace

ive got one from a vn and bent it a bit but i still think it may touch. im thinkin of loosening the headers and jacking them up and tightening. but if thats still not enough is it okay to run a few washers under the engine mounts? theyre all new mounts aswell..

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
okay ive had pacies in the vs statesman for about 6 months now.
and YES they are the variable ones. but they hit the steering low pressure return line.
its been leaking but now the line has finally snaped so gota replace

ive got one from a vn and bent it a bit but i still think it may touch. im thinkin of loosening the headers and jacking them up and tightening. but if thats still not enough is it okay to run a few washers under the engine mounts? theyre all new mounts aswell..

hows your engine mounts/gearbox mounts, might be worth swapping em out with new ones.

I just put some paceys on a mates VS caprice and it was hitting the return line, engine mounts were compressed and old, put new ones in and cleared it properly since the engine sits a bit higher.

speed__demond

slammed and cammed
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman 5L
yeah the mounts are pretty new. i did them the same time.. it only needs a few mm so jackin the headers and rebolt might do it. but i dont see packijg the mounts up a little more causing anyharm. i also thought about rasing the trans mound a few mm aswell.