Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Realised I hadn't shown my current centre console setup when I posted it in another thread before.

Took a lot of work, but I think it looks about as clean as I can make it.
IlTnSrn.jpeg

(The buttons are for exhaust diff dumps open and closed)

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
One of my engines is getting chev rear seal conversion...seems to be highly recommended & may as well since its getting grouted + 4 main bolt caps.

Main reason had to stop driving vh sle was rear seal leak onto pacies.

Interior is neat as!!!!

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
One of my engines is getting chev rear seal conversion...seems to be highly recommended & may as well since its getting grouted + 4 main bolt caps.

Main reason had to stop driving vh sle was rear seal leak onto pacies.

Interior is neat as!!!!
I actually don't mind rope seals, when they work they work well, the problem is they are just a pain in the ass to setup and get right. Not to mention the modern rope seals quality isn't the same as the old ones.

That 304 I'm doing at the moment I got supplied a permaseal rope seal, which was cheap and nasty even after soaking for a week in oil it barely flexed at all by hand. It's also got about 40ftlb of breakaway torque on it when turning the enigne manually with the rotating assembly installed which is a lot, but TK assures me that will break loose once it's running.

I've never had a rope seal leak before (other than from old age) but I'm willing to give a more modern seal a go for the benefits of less drag on the crank and ease of setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
One in vh sle is a neo seal....red trimatic block with harrop crank....probably been machined to many times or something done wrong.

All my other cheapie fun engines never had an issue except ofcourse big banger of the fleet with all good bits lol

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Apparently the secret to getting a neo seal conversion to ....seal, is to offset the joints from the cap