Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Started stripping the old engine down today for project V8 coffee table
8288_4244346400588_1583414093_n_zps0612132b.jpg

will look something like this when its finished
v8coffeetable_1.jpg

So if anyone needs any 5L bits let me know (e.g sensors, coils, dizzy's, injectors, timing cover, balancer, manifold etc etc)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I like your Statesman, Love the colour too, Any plan on it?

Thanks Mate, yeah I love the colour too.

At the moment just doing everything mechanically that needs to be done (e.g transmission service, front end bushes, tailshaft uni's and center bearing, plugs/leads etc)

After that plans are:
* Clear VS S2/3 Clear front indicators
* VS S2/3 Garnish & Tail Lights
* VS Caprice Leather Shifter/Power Window Surround
* Caprice Grille
* Re-Tint Glass
* Cam & Tune
* Wheels (The clubby wheels just don't suit it)

Currently running a 12V cable from the battery to the boot for a 12V mini fridge install for roadtrips/long drives I can keep my drinks etc cool....figured the stato boot is so big I may as well use some of the space hehe
Looks like this:
364196461_870.jpg

Went out with some photographers for a photoshoot around Adelaide tonight so hopefully some new pics soon

<RaBBiT>

Follow the White RaBBiT>>
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Berlina V8, VS Calais 5spd, VN V8, VR States
I really like the fridge idea, are u gonna try and tie it in with a boot install or just have it in there neat ?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I really like the fridge idea, are u gonna try and tie it in with a boot install or just have it in there neat ?

It's going to be secured, the rear casing comes off so I will bolt that to somewhere in the boot then put it all back together I reckon

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Thanks Mate, yeah I love the colour too.

At the moment just doing everything mechanically that needs to be done (e.g transmission service, front end bushes, tailshaft uni's and center bearing, plugs/leads etc)

After that plans are:
* Clear VS S2/3 Clear front indicators
* VS S2/3 Garnish & Tail Lights
* VS Caprice Leather Shifter/Power Window Surround
* Caprice Grille
* Re-Tint Glass
* Cam & Tune
* Wheels (The clubby wheels just don't suit it)

Currently running a 12V cable from the battery to the boot for a 12V mini fridge install for roadtrips/long drives I can keep my drinks etc cool....figured the stato boot is so big I may as well use some of the space hehe
Looks like this:
364196461_870.jpg

Went out with some photographers for a photoshoot around Adelaide tonight so hopefully some new pics soon

Sweet plan, man. I like you do these from factory (holden genuine parts) instead of aftermarket on mostly of your plan.

Are you think of rims like ichris have on his statesman?

I do have small box for store cold drink/food but I have no idea where to put lol, Cause LPG Tank is in my boot so it less room :( haha.

I got question for you, I wonder your control cruise is work all the time or sometime? Likely you start the CRS Green light supposed to come on if car turn key to on?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Sweet plan, man. I like you do these from factory (holden genuine parts) instead of aftermarket on mostly of your plan.

Are you think of rims like ichris have on his statesman?

I do have small box for store cold drink/food but I have no idea where to put lol, Cause LPG Tank is in my boot so it less room :( haha.

I got question for you, I wonder your control cruise is work all the time or sometime? Likely you start the CRS Green light supposed to come on if car turn key to on?

Yeah mate, trying to avoid tacky aftermarket mods....too nice of a car for that. (Probably only aftermarket thing on the outside may be wheels depending on what I choose)

Not sure what wheels I will end up with at this stage.

My cruise stays on until I choose to turn it off.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
The old 304 doesn't look too bad, can't even see any sludge. Shame about the bearing going, pain in the backside.

Fridge should look the goods, especially if you make it look like a factory install. Maybe match the boot carpet and wrap it in that? You mounting it on the diff tunnel so you can get to it through the back seat?

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Fridge should look the goods, especially if you make it look like a factory install. Maybe match the boot carpet and wrap it in that? You mounting it on the diff tunnel so you can get to it through the back seat?

I love the fridge idea. being able to access it from the back seat flip down door would be awesome.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The old 304 doesn't look too bad, can't even see any sludge. Shame about the bearing going, pain in the backside.

Hadn't thought about that but good idea, I would like it to look factory.

yeah top end of that engine is perfect so keeping most components as spares for my new engine (e.g cam/lifters, heads, oil pump, pushrods etc) (Lifters/cam has no marks etc on it, still looks brand new)