Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I like what spauldj308 suggestion for the look factory fridge, Take a photo once it done and show all of us see what it look like :p.

I wonder if you plan to have led light for inside? E.g foot light and roof and rear reading and glovebox etc to LED?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I like what spauldj308 suggestion for the look factory fridge, Take a photo once it done and show all of us see what it look like :p.

I wonder if you plan to have led light for inside? E.g foot light and roof and rear reading and glovebox etc to LED?

Footwell, Roof, Reading, etc etc will all be White SMD LED (The Tail/Brake/Number Plate lights are all LED's too), leaving the standard Green cluster/clock globes in as I don't mind them in the stato (going for a more old school/age appropriate look for the dash)....I had the full blue LED conversion in the VS which was great but it just doesn't suit this car so will be staying with ol faithful green.

As it so happens I will have spare carpeting for the fridge as I am making a new sub box to fit up on the the back of the boot against the rear seat for maximum space as the current box I have now takes up 50% of the boot which isn't necessary as I don't listen to huge bassy music just use the sub for fill with my classic rock/60's & 70's etc so making a relatively small box....the whole boot will look factory as I will use the same carpet for fridge/sub box etc......if I get enough free time over the next few months I may do some kind of false floor/enclosure to hide the amps away

Last edited:

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Footwell, Roof, Reading, etc etc will all be White SMD LED (The Tail/Brake/Number Plate lights are all LED's too), leaving the standard Green cluster/clock globes in as I don't mind them in the stato (going for a more old school/age appropriate look for the dash)....I had the full blue LED conversion in the VS which was great but it just doesn't suit this car so will be staying with ol faithful green.

As it so happens I will have spare carpeting for the fridge as I am making a new sub box to fit up on the the back of the boot against the rear seat for maximum space as the current box I have now takes up 50% of the boot which isn't necessary as I don't listen to huge bassy music just use the sub for fill with my classic rock/60's & 70's etc so making a relatively small box....the whole boot will look factory as I will use the same carpet for fridge/sub box etc......if I get enough free time over the next few months I may do some kind of false floor/enclosure to hide the amps away

Sound good, My cluster still have green and mostly of they is. Only I change all led for footwell and roof and reading but two small extra lights on roof I havn't replace dued to have no idea what type of it is :p.

Your plan for fridge is prefect. Good idea to have small box and yeah sure more spare for boot as well. I still have factory radio but I didn't use it lol. Also how do you feel once LPG gas is removed, Feel more effect and more lightly? :p

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Also how do you feel once LPG gas is removed, Feel more effect and more lightly? :p
Much better.....couldn't fit the sub box in before the tank was removed.

I only ran it on LPG for 5 mins during the test drive to make sure it worked (never actually drove properly with it on...I HATE LPG with a passion).

Car definitely feels lighter and a lot less load on suspension etc with it gone.

For me its BP 98 or nothing

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman

I only ran it on LPG for 5 mins during the test drive to make sure it worked (never actually drove properly with it on...I HATE LPG with a passion).

Car definitely feels lighter and a lot less load on suspension etc with it gone.

That's good to see, Once I'm drop V8 in (If I keep car for few more year) Then I will removed LPG tank and use it for weekend nice cruiser.

I only use normal unleaded to fill up a little, I use petrol sometime one day a week.

How do you feel change from VS to VR but with luxury car, What best ever you like thing on Statesman?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30

Sounds like I should hurry and take mine out

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
How do you feel change from VS to VR but with luxury car, What best ever you like thing on Statesman?

To be honest it doesn't really feel to much different to the VS....they are essentially both the same car just slightly different trim levels etc....both ride very similar etc.

I think I like the dash the most, just a lot cleaner and neater than the standard VR/S one......also can't beat the rear leg room

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
734432_10151527812829491_1562656652_n_zps4813a2b1.jpg

600322_10151527813239491_875901542_n_zps47d5bf54.jpg

<RaBBiT>

Follow the White RaBBiT>>
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Berlina V8, VS Calais 5spd, VN V8, VR States
The old 304 doesn't look too bad, can't even see any sludge. Shame about the bearing going, pain in the backside.

Fridge should look the goods, especially if you make it look like a factory install. Maybe match the boot carpet and wrap it in that? You mounting it on the diff tunnel so you can get to it through the back seat?

I'm soo doing that to my statesman mad idea