Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Another day at the bend for a "cruise" at around 190km/h.
GNzsYRK.jpg

New whiteline swaybar gear made a hell of a difference, cornered flat, no tyre squeal etc.

Ceramic wax seems to be holding up well over time, drove through a massive rain/mud storm to get to the track this morning and still looked clean after.
xE81T5q.jpg

I finally found someone who could mix up a close enough grey dye for the seats to match the interior, it's not 100% but looks better than the black.
AoIbf0Y.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What's that track like, is it a HP track or is it tight like Mallala ? It wasn't up and running when I lived in SA, it was soon to be open as a motorsport park but I left the state before I had a chance to race or ride there. Mallala was my pet track on the RD.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
What's that track like, is it a HP track or is it tight like Mallala ? It wasn't up and running when I lived in SA, it was soon to be open as a motorsport park but I left the state before I had a chance to race or ride there. Mallala was my pet track on the RD.

I used to love Mallala back in the day, but to be honest the tracks just not that well maintained anymore and it's also 2 hours in the wrong direction for me. The Bend is 20 mins down the freeway.

The bend is a much more top end speed circuit than Malalla the corners are much wider (think the width of your average main road) and are swooping rather than sudden turns. The main straight is also much longer. All this is good for big lumps like our cars that can't corner super agile and can keep the power down.

The whole 7km track was laid entirely in 24 hours with a single continous pour to be like glass, theres no divots or imperfections anywhere in the track, they went all out to make it perfect.

Most of the pro drivers that have been round it say it's the best in the world right now.

Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'll be honest, the grey shits all over black. Come up mint, and the exterior is up there with jecs beast

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Not much to much report, cars been running well.

Went for cruise to the beach today (around a 160km round trip).
adOyboi.jpg

82g1zYW.jpg

I've swapped over from my old 200 cell ceramic cat to a magnaflow 200 cell metal core cat after a few too many speed hump knocks, the sound is so much nicer. Much more crackly etc.

I'm starting to pack up the new enigne ready to send down to the machine shop for dipping/cleaning in the new year, that should give me the motivation I need to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What beach is that Mate?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ahhhh my old stomping ground.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
sooooooo happy you re-did the interior. the grey looks spot on mate. new cats sound great