Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Extending my garage is on the list of jobs to do, unfortunately it involves a LOT of digging **** out from under the house and making a doorway in a 4' concrete retaining wall...

Next summer maybe I'll get a chance to make a start.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Update:
I'd been searching for a while for either Statesman leather seats or Caprice leather seats however finding seats that aren't cracked to hell is proving pretty difficult thanks to Holden's average quality leather of the 90's

I found a mint set of VR Partial leather seats which I'm going to run for now until I eventually find that needle in the haystack, I'm in the middle of steam cleaning them at the moment and re-moisturizing the leather but I think I got a pretty good score for $100 for a full set with no wear or cracking.

4wgQLCi.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is it worth having your Stato seats recovered? There is a newish vinyl that feels like leather and looks like leather but it is a better product. Modern leathers used in upholstery has been quite low quality for a fair while now.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
My stato seats are the velour ones not leather, hence why I was looking for leather ones.

My velour ones are mint, but I just prefer the look of leather/leather accented seats so I'm going to put the factory ones into storage for a rainy day as they don't have a single mark on them and I'd like to keep it that way.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Any VS Stato seat in ok cond is like gold over here, a mint set would be the bomb.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
RATtYgS.jpg

Quite happy with how they turned out.

Also my new jack arrived yesterday, beer bottle for scale.
kfFNSeV.jpg

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
So as much as the Davies Craig fan controller was a great bit of kit for the price I wasn't too happy with it's lack of configuration. Mainly that it ran the two AU fans at 100% regardless of whether it needed full speed or not, which was annoying as hell as AU fan's aren't quiet at full roar.

I ended up ordering a Derale PWM Fan Controller from the states. These have a computer inside it which learns your cooling systems thresholds and calibrates fan speeds accordingly starting from 40% fan speed and ramping up as needed when triggered it also has a switch that you can wire in the cabin (I hid mine in the glove box) that can override the controller and run the fans manually.

Great bit of kit, loving it so far.
der-16795_sn.jpg

Last edited:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Did you work out what was making it run hot?