Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stato doortrims in a vk has anybody done it yet?

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
im redoing my interior again for the fourth time, this time im putting vs statesman seats in my vk. i already have the seats, their not a big problem fitting because i had vs berlina seats in it previously and i already have the custom vs shifter in i made to suit my trimatic fitted, what i want to do is fit the doortrims to match it all ,is it possible to modify them to fit? or has anybody done it if so can someone give me a link to it or some advice on how to do it before i waste money buying the doortrims.

Last edited:

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
doesnt the front door trims have like a air conditioning vent in them that connects to a pipe in the dash coming to the door though?
dunno if that made scense

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
pretty sure the door shape of a vk and a vs would be different so the statesman trims would need quite a lot of work to get to fit. might be worth making new door trims to match the seats. keep us posted with your progress, sounds like a very interesting concept

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i have heard of people doing complete dash conversions
if you have the time to slice and dice.....

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
[jonnoo];1804218 said:
doesnt the front door trims have like a air conditioning vent in them that connects to a pipe in the dash coming to the door though?
dunno if that made scense
it made perfect sense ill have to make a flat panel where the airvents were to make them fit.

pretty sure the door shape of a vk and a vs would be different so the statesman trims would need quite a lot of work to get to fit. might be worth making new door trims to match the seats. keep us posted with your progress, sounds like a very interesting concept
got the doortrims today theyre matching vs stato ones and im going to give it a go ill post pics up as i go,ive been looking at them and i think it can be done by making masonite backing doortrims and fibreglassing the reshaped stato trims to mould them to the backing boards them using the original stato material on the top half stretch that over then using a simailar material to recover the bottom half that way they retain the armrests handles and all the stato caracteristics.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
some pics of what im starting with mint condition vs stato seats and doortrims,vl series 2 rails for the inside mounts on the front seats that way they bolt straight up,and my custom made shifter to suit my trimatic.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate. I was just looking at this the other day. We held some VB door trims up against a VR and they were almost identical in shape and size.. Two issues I see are where the dash wraps around into the front door and the lock mechanism if you have slide locks. Can be overcome.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Mate. I was just looking at this the other day. We held some VB door trims up against a VR and they were almost identical in shape and size.. Two issues I see are where the dash wraps around into the front door and the lock mechanism if you have slide locks. Can be overcome.
thats good to know as ive not compared them yet (havent had time) ive got normal locks so that shouldnt be too hard and i think any issues could be overcome too.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
sounds like it shouldnt be too hard then, cant wait to see how it turns out! keep us posted with pictures =)

squiblex

UNSEEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
how hard are the rear seats to fit??? i got vl cailais in my vk but i wouldnt mind gettin vn calais front an rear seats coz there hell comfier lol are they same fit or do you have to modify the mounting points???