Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stealth 3.0 Throttle Controller

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
So many uninformed comments on these units,dont knock a product unless you actually know how it works.
Its purely a pedal controller,it removes the lag between the acc pedal and throttle response,my vf is tuned and still has pedal lag on take off,it will give instant acceleration instead of the first initial 5-10mm of the pedal doing absolutely nothing.
Fly by wire throttle bodies can have significant lag especially on diesels,my ba xr8 and bf xr6 had virtually no lag,my wife drives a 2017 dmax and then gets into my bf xr6 and is shocked at the touchy throttle pedal.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
So many uninformed comments on these units,dont knock a product unless you actually know how it works.
Its purely a pedal controller,it removes the lag between the acc pedal and throttle response,my vf is tuned and still has pedal lag on take off,it will give instant acceleration instead of the first initial 5-10mm of the pedal doing absolutely nothing.
Fly by wire throttle bodies can have significant lag especially on diesels,my ba xr8 and bf xr6 had virtually no lag,my wife drives a 2017 dmax and then gets into my bf xr6 and is shocked at the touchy throttle pedal.

Your tuner should be able to fix any 'pedal lag' in the tune.
No need for an additional throttle controller.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Your tuner should be able to fix any 'pedal lag' in the tune.
No need for an additional throttle controller.
Yeah I was thinking that,ill be seeing him next week about it.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
dont they change the throttle position sensor reading relative to pedal?

say no pedal is now open 20%, half pedal 70% throttle, full throttle at 80% pedal etc.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
it can be a bit more dangerous doing it in the tune itself as that is changing the ACTUAL % for given axis v (speed or rpm) between the two modules and if u go too far or get it wrong u can brick it, the throttle controller dosnt change any actual settings it only externally changes ratio between input to output of the pedal values

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
These throttle controllers gave the old VZ some life. I know what it does and it's not meant to give you more power etc. I keep it on economy mode for city driving and have seen an increase in fuel economy and I use it in sports mode when I drive on the freeway.