Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stealth 3.0 Throttle Controller

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I realise there will be much flaming about this but I popped one of these units on the car today. I had one on my cammed VE SV6 and really liked how much more fun the car felt to drive. Just feels to hastened up instant throttle response and has worked well on the W375. Before all the haters hate I realise that hammering the throttle would probably have the same effect it's just nice to get instantaneous output from minimal throttle input which improves the driving experience making the fun funner. All I got really.

Last edited:

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I realise there will be much flaming about this but I popped one of these units on the car today. I had one on my cammed VE SV6 and really liked how much more fun the car felt to drive. Just feels to hastened up instant throttle response and has worked well on the W375. Before all the haters hate I realise that hammering the throttle would probably have the same effect it's just nice to get instantaneous output from minimal throttle input which improves the driving experience making the fun funner. All I got really.

Can you explain what it actually does for those of us who don't know?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Can you explain what it actually does for those of us who don't know?

It essentially shortens the throw of the accelerator....like a quick draw throttle. Claims are that hastens butterfly opening however I'm a tad sceptical on the data available. For me, just improves the driving experience.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
It essentially shortens the throw of the accelerator....like a quick draw throttle. Claims are that hastens butterfly opening however I'm a tad sceptical on the data available. For me, just improves the driving experience.

So it means you're essentially going flat out all/most of the time? Can you adjust it or turn it off?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Nah it can be turned off plus has many different preset sensitivity levels.

Actilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red Hot VFII SSV Redline
Had a similar unit on my Diesel Hilux, called a Sprint Booster. Improved the driving experience 100%, best way to describe what it does is you get instant response from the throttle - which was particularly noticable in the Hilux. The unit turned off when i changed the battery and it felt like driving a mack truck.

br77

Reaction score
Members Ride
na
does the throttle controller void the warranty guys

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
does the throttle controller void the warranty guys

As I understand it yes. Need to remove it before Holden see it. Having said that, they have to convince whoever that the stealth caused the issue. So a faulty water pump should be fine etc. Then again, we all walk the warranty risk with mods.

smitchy

Reaction score
Website
www.webchemistry.com.au
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SSV Redline VF Series II
Even thou an old thread, thought id chime in and let you guys know i have the v4 controller and boy is it good... for the price i think its a damn good mod. The lag is GONE on the SSV redline.... can be put into fuel economy mode for petrol saving by lowering the rpm acceleration or put it to 13 for an immediate take-off. Happy overall :D