Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steel piping Air intake

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
well i went to supercheap and autobarn today, bascially 2 things went wrong firstly the steel pipe was too long and the fella at autobarn told me that steel attracts heat so no point putting that on cus it will just heat up the air going to the engine so im thinking of just using all of that silocan stuff you used is that possible?

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
yea that could be done if u wanted to, not sure how it would work tho, and ive felt my pipe after a decent drive and it was fine so dunno what that guy was talking about lol

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
lol what size is ur pipe man? diameter and length wise, im also guesing you got that silocan in one long tube cus the auto stoors only had pre bent crap :(

umm the pipe im not sure i just bought the first intercooler pipe i saw lol, it was pretty long like the one you mentioned before but i just slid it more into the silocan to compensate, yea the silocan was also a 90 degree pre bent 30cm long tube so i used a stanly knive and cut the amounts out i needed, the straight silocan tubes wernt big enough so i had to get pre bent

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
umm the pipe im not sure i just bought the first intercooler pipe i saw lol, it was pretty long like the one you mentioned before but i just slid it more into the silocan to compensate, yea the silocan was also a 90 degree pre bent 30cm long tube so i used a stanly knive and cut the amounts out i needed, the straight silocan tubes wernt big enough so i had to get pre bent

oh ok mite have been the same stuff that i saw, you know i mite just go bunnings get that silocan from there like u did and i mite just get piping from there too surely they wud have some sort of metal piping, reakon they would?

also was that silocan from the plumbing section in bunnings?

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
yea i reckon they would have to in some area of the plumbing im not sure tho, and i didnt get the silocan from bunnings i got it from autobarn, it was the clamps i got from bunnings in the plumbing section:thumbsup:

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
ohhh ok i get ya now, the silocan you got was it the same on both ends? cus most the ones i saw were bigger on one end then the other

yea buddy it has to be the same on both ends otherwise it probs wont fit, their hard to find tho thats the problem:thumbsup:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Well i went shopping and got these

P5100161.jpg

Is that all i will need man?