Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steel piping Air intake

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
when uve done it i want to hear the results

will do man :thumbsup:

just waiting on shaneomac000 to get back to me if ive got all the right parts i think he mite have used a 45 degree inside of 90 like i got or cud just be the picture being deciving

ill defs let you know anyway mate

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
Well i went shopping and got these

P5100161.jpg

Is that all i will need man?

ey bud sry i took so long been busy all weekend, yea thats pretty much exactly what i bought, i cut the silicone perfect so that the intake pipe would be directly facing the MAF and with the left over silicone that wasnt used i used to join it to the MAF, if u want more pics i can take them if you want

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
Had a look at this stuff at supercheap today. That silicon tubing is far from super cheap :O

haha thats exactly what i thought when i saw the price of it i was like :rip:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ey bud sry i took so long been busy all weekend, yea thats pretty much exactly what i bought, i cut the silicone perfect so that the intake pipe would be directly facing the MAF and with the left over silicone that wasnt used i used to join it to the MAF, if u want more pics i can take them if you want

ahh kk awome

so you cut the part that goes onto the Tb then

im happy i got all the right parts lol about how much did u cut off too?

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
ahh kk awome

so you cut the part that goes onto the Tb then

im happy i got all the right parts lol about how much did u cut off too?

yea i did, i didnt measure to what i cut it off to i kinda guessed and it was right lol, good estimater i am haha, but i matched up the intake piping with the silicone and took a rough guess and it was all good

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
yea i did, i didnt measure to what i cut it off to i kinda guessed and it was right lol, good estimater i am haha, but i matched up the intake piping with the silicone and took a rough guess and it was all good

oh ok sweet looks like you took off a fair bit off, i mite cut it back right to where mine starts to curve that should be all good then