Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steel piping Air intake

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
hey guys a few ppl in a previous post wanted me to post how ive changed my standard plastic lumpy bumpy intake pipe with a smooth steel pipe, well here it is...

IMG_0065.jpg

i used the rubber tubes to hold the steel together and connect to both ends of it, also got some clips from bunnings to hold it all together

p.s. ive got an ecotec v6 engine

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
Intercooler pipes and reducers? Looks good dude.

its been ticking in my mind all day lol, yea the pipe is an intercooler pipe en the rubber pipes hold it very tightly in place en the clips are for extra grip, nice and solid and no joke its the biggest improvement ive noticed with my car, acceleration is alot alot smoother and low/top end increased also

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
i sent ya a pm dude, also how much all of it set you back, cus i was looking at the piping in supercheap the other day it was pretty expensive, also would supercheap or autobarn have them metal clamps?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
thats pretty sweet, the steel part would look sweet as with a carbon fibre look. i want to do a direct cold air intake to the box with intercooler piping using the fog light holes in the bar. i have had it up on my hoist and had a look and its decent job unfortunatly, i reckon it would be a mad improvement. just gota overcome the moisture/water aspect.. from the road and rain etc..

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
i sent ya a pm dude, also how much all of it set you back, cus i was looking at the piping in supercheap the other day it was pretty expensive, also would supercheap or autobarn have them metal clamps?

those clamps are just hose clamps man bunnings would have em

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
id rather get them somewhere closer lol bunnings is bit of a drive, supercheap should sell them tho shudnt they?

yea supercheap did have them but bunnings a bit cheaper, also all together it cost me roughly 110 bucks its the rubber thats expensive, the intercooler pipe sets u back 35 bucks, rubber pipe about 30cm long 60 bucks and clamps are 3 bucks each from bunnings i think it was 10 at supercheap not sure

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
yea supercheap did have them but bunnings a bit cheaper, also all together it cost me roughly 110 bucks its the rubber thats expensive, the intercooler pipe sets u back 35 bucks, rubber pipe about 30cm long 60 bucks and clamps are 3 bucks each from bunnings i think it was 10 at supercheap not sure

ahh kk i mite try get the biggest bit of steel piping i can find so thats less rubber i need :p

thanks again man

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
no worries buddy enjoy en take care :thumbsup: