Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

steering coloumn movin what tha hell !

markhayes

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore v6
hay holden fans i got another doosy for yas,my vr series 2 horn was not working , so i lent on it an pushed it in hard an i noticed that the steering wheel slightly pushed back in where the coloumn sits only by a mill or two an under the right amount of pressure but i thought they were stiff as so any ideas ane 1.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Does it move back and forth? Maybe the retaining nut is a bit loose? Have you had a wheel alignment lately? Wheel aligners can sometimes remove the wheel to straighten it (which is the incorrect way to do it) and the nut can be left a bit loose.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
My VS has an adjustable steering column which allows the steering wheel to be moved in or out and up and down.Theres a lever under the column that flips out that loosenes it so it can be adjusted.Maybe yours is like this and you have just never noticed it.I dont even know if this was available on the VR's.Someone here will know though.

5 speed VR

Green Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Exc 5 spd
VR's have the adjustment up and down aswell as in and out too.

markhayes

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore v6
thanks guys ill check it out an let yous know an not an abba fan i havent had an allignment an my wheels pull when i brake so this week will be wheel allignment week .thnks