Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering lock module

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Temper, Temper!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Threads merged.

To the OP, this is an open forum, if you ask a question or ask for advice than sometimes someone will say something you don't like, such is life. I suggest you ignore replies you don't like and don't be rude when someone is only offering advice when you asked for it. If that doesn't suit you simply don't ask for advice. Simple

Waykool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 ssv redlineS
Threads merged.

To the OP, this is an open forum, if you ask a question or ask for advice than sometimes someone will say something you don't like, such is life. I suggest you ignore replies you don't like and don't be rude when someone is only offering advice when you asked for it. If that doesn't suit you simply don't ask for advice. Simple
I was given a rude reply to my question, now give it a rest

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
No problem. I'll give you a week to think about it.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Mine was replaced and I noticed occasionally it still did not lock. I mentioned to the service guy it could be the ignition relay as I know if it's removed the steering lock does not activate in my other car. He actually told me to F myself as I did not know cars lol. I swapped the relay between cars and it fixed itself. Now the original relays are back in the correct car and the steering lock seems to be working well except sometimes there is a delay after opening the drivers door. Just make sure the interior light come on when opening the door as the door opening activates the lock.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... I mentioned to the service guy it .... He actually told me to F myself ...
I would have asked the dealer principles if such behaviour from his employee is considered acceptable. I'd also look for another place to service my car (where employees like their job and are plesant to deal with).

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I'd also look for another place to service my car (where employees like their job and are plesant to deal with).

Goodness me. I have not had anybody from Holden tell me to feck off, LOL! To my face, I'd doubtless deck him. I don't tolerate foul-mouthed louts sympathetically. Anyways, we'll all be taking our Holdens to "another place" when Holden pulls down the signs very soon (started here). Found somewhere yet?

I don't know if others here service their rides at Holden. I don't. My 'li'l tootle' is serviced at a small, family-owned service centre (700m from home) that has a crew of loveable rogues doing the techie work — really wonderful and considerate people. You can tell how many car owners go there by the small white square sticker they put on the bottom of the rear window. Literally thousands in Geelong have that tiny tell-tale sticker. I have been a customer since 2002.

There is a procedure for resetting the electric steering lock in the user manual — it doesn't mention pulling out relays or modules or what not. Also, I was told on delivery never to apply force (play with it) when it is locked. In my VF, as far as I can observe, the steering remains locked until the car is started. It is still locked when the doors are unlocked (irrespective of how lock/unlock is configured).

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
I would have asked the dealer principles if such behaviour from his employee is considered acceptable. I'd also look for another place to service my car (where employees like their job and are plesant to deal with).
Funny you say that the DP and myself are very good friends. He said that is his best mechanic and doesn't want to let him go. I suggested some customer service skills would help... I now service both of my cars myself and with my own mechanic. Redline out of warranty and Director hardly gets driven.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Goodness me. I have not had anybody from Holden tell me to feck off, LOL! To my face, I'd doubtless deck him. I don't tolerate foul-mouthed louts sympathetically. Anyways, we'll all be taking our Holdens to "another place" when Holden pulls down the signs very soon (started here). Found somewhere yet?

I don't know if others here service their rides at Holden. I don't. My 'li'l tootle' is serviced at a small, family-owned service centre (700m from home) that has a crew of loveable rogues doing the techie work — really wonderful and considerate people. You can tell how many car owners go there by the small white square sticker they put on the bottom of the rear window. Literally thousands in Geelong have that tiny tell-tale sticker. I have been a customer since 2002.

There is a procedure for resetting the electric steering lock in the user manual — it doesn't mention pulling out relays or modules or what not. Also, I was told on delivery never to apply force (play with it) when it is locked. In my VF, as far as I can observe, the steering remains locked until the car is started. It is still locked when the doors are unlocked (irrespective of how lock/unlock is configured).

Usually no one rides with the mechanic. He asked me what I did for a living and said that's why he did what he did. Same dude who originally said on the job card the first time I asked them to look at it said they couldn't fault it but it didn't lock with him sitting in the car beside me.

As for the locking I was talking about when it locked. Mine stays locked until you hit the start button but usually activates after the car is switched off and door is opened. prior to door opening and car switch off, the steering is still unlocked after driving.