Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering lock module

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
As for the locking I was talking about when it locked. Mine stays locked until you hit the start button but usually activates after the car is switched off and door is opened. prior to door opening and car switch off, the steering is still unlocked after driving.

Well, that all sounds normal to me! Electric steering is a novelty to me after years of sludgy hydraulic power.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I was given a rude reply to my question, now give it a rest
Rude?
I'd happily give you an example of rude seeing you clearly don t know what the word means but I'm sure it would get me banned.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Going back to the thread subject.

I encountered a steering lock malfunction error today. Was trying to get some new low beam bulbs fitted - going via the wheel well route. Started the car, turned the steering all the way to the left, held it there and switched the engine off. Steering stayed in place and I replaced the bulb. Tried to start the car - there was no cranking & the MID showed a “move the steering wheel to start” message. Quite a bit of force was needed to move the steering a bit and hold it there. With this the car started, but a “Service steering lock” message was displayed in the MID for a couple of seconds. Drove her around the block after the second bulb was replaced. Haven’t seen any error/ warning messages since. Should I be worried?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Going back to the thread subject.

I encountered a steering lock malfunction error today. Was trying to get some new low beam bulbs fitted - going via the wheel well route. Started the car, turned the steering all the way to the left, held it there and switched the engine off. Steering stayed in place and I replaced the bulb. Tried to start the car - there was no cranking & the MID showed a “move the steering wheel to start” message. Quite a bit of force was needed to move the steering a bit and hold it there. With this the car started, but a “Service steering lock” message was displayed in the MID for a couple of seconds. Drove her around the block after the second bulb was replaced. Haven’t seen any error/ warning messages since. Should I be worried?

I would not be worried unless it starts to do it more often.