Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Shudder at High Speed just after Rotate/Balance

BakeTheTank

Phreddy-ed UP!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series II
Hey Guys

Had a rotate/balance on my car last week and went for my first long distance drive in a lil while. Once getting up to 100kms there was no real pattern to it, but on and off i would get a shudder like movement just in the wheel, although it didnt really affect the direction of the car? . I continued to drive and it didnt get worse or better, just on and off - absolutely no pattern. Do i need a wheel alignment?

Anyone?

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Id say you'll need a wheel alignment for sure man; surprised they didn't do it

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Ask for an on car wheel balance. Usually tyres are balanced off the car then bolted back on with no problems. Some cars are more sensitive to balance problems than others and need to have the wheels balanced on the car.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The type of balancer will play a part. On early cars it didn't really matter but later cars are more sensitive to vibration.

Get the wheels rebalanced, but make sure the balancer is a finger type that has the clamp with fingers that locate in the wheel stud holes of the rim instead of a cone type clamp that locates on the centre hole.

I'd say you have a wheel that wasn't balanced properly or their machine needs calibrating.

BakeTheTank

Phreddy-ed UP!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series II
Took it to a different place and turns out it was never balanced properly, had it done again basically yet to try it out.