Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

STEERING: what is this thingie it and what does it do

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
ok so as title suggests what is it? was does it do? and do i need it? and do i need it when i put in a boss kit?
is the end thingie meant to be kinda mashed like that?
and what does that gold button do?

also while where here where does the purple wire for horn plug into?

thanks in advance. all helpfull/ positive replies will be rewarded with positive rep points :thumbsup: .

theeeese2.jpg

theeeese3.jpg

theeeese.jpg

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
hey mate i may be wrong but i think it is the horn contact so that ur horn is always connected no matter how far you have the wheel turned. That gold button is the contact point that touches the brass ring in the first picture.

So you've got ur horn pad on ur steering wheel which connects to the brass disc which touches the brass contact (gold button) which then connects to the battery and horn itself.

As for the boss kit i dont think you need it but dont quote me on that one.

Hope this helps

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
hey mate i may be wrong but i think it is the horn contact so that ur horn is always connected no matter how far you have the wheel turned. That gold button is the contact point that touches the brass ring in the first picture.

So you've got ur horn pad on ur steering wheel which connects to the brass disc which touches the brass contact (gold button) which then connects to the battery and horn itself.

As for the boss kit i dont think you need it but dont quote me on that one.

Hope this helps

+1 :thumbsup:. very helpful mate. makes sense know thanks heaps. :D

xitekamelion

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs S2 Ecotec Equipe
I think the mangled bit might be related to your indicator, it should automaticcaly turn your blinker off when you turn the wheel. Dont think its meant to be mashed like that, does your indicator stalk function ok?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The boss kit should have that as part of it. I hope your car doesn't have an airbag.