Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel Aerpro adaptor harness question.

Benwhaat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Acclaim 3.8L
Hi all, went too autobarn today chasing a module too get the steering wheel controls working with my Pioneer avh-x3500 doublde din head unit.
Was given an aeropro adaptor harness part number CHVTVXA, and an adaptor power cable that connects into the wired remote input on the back of the head deck.
just began too hook it up, and have ran into a problem, firstly has anyone connected one before ?
I have connected between factory harness and head eck harness and connected the power to the input in the rear of the head deck, but on one side of the little module there is a very small connector that i have no idea where it connects too ?
And also a small ring terminal that i am assuming is a ground of some sort, ran a cable from that ring terminal too the negative side of the battery too test before i installed it and the steering wheel controls do not work !
I'm assuming that the small connector needs too be plugged in but i cannot find an input for it ?
any help at all would be awesome too wear this is connected too !
Thanks !!

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Ok ,Just hooked mine up . took about half an hour , most of that was removing the dash facia .Plugged the patch lead into the H/U then to the control module . plugged in the connertion to the H/U on one end and the wiring loom on the other .I didn't earth the purple wire and the small module isn't connected to anything .Then I just pushed the steering wheel volume buttons and it worked . Pity Aerpro don't supply instructions. Hope this helps . also sent you a P.M

Benwhaat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Acclaim 3.8L
Hey mate sorry been on holidays, tryed that just then and still dont work, i found somewhere in one of the links you sent me about having too buy a completely different harness if it still doesn't work, im getting pretty over it haha

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Maybe Autobarn will swap it .

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
This is the three part numbers that I used to connect the steering wheel controls . 1 x APP8PIO5 is from H/U power and speakers / steering wheel controls via ISO plugs 1 X CHVTVXA for steering wheel controls 1 X APPISOA patch lead from H/U to steering wheel control.

fubsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VT II
Ok ,Just hooked mine up . took about half an hour , most of that was removing the dash facia .Plugged the patch lead into the H/U then to the control module . plugged in the connertion to the H/U on one end and the wiring loom on the other .I didn't earth the purple wire and the small module isn't connected to anything .Then I just pushed the steering wheel volume buttons and it worked . Pity Aerpro don't supply instructions. Hope this helps . also sent you a P.M

I feel like I've done the same (same components), yet I'm getting no response from the steering wheel. H/U works fine, just getting nothing from the wheel. Was there any other things you had to do to invoke the controls, or did the console do it all automatically?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
You just hold the buttons down for about 5 seconds starting with he volume up and down buttons . If you start with the buttons on the other side of the steering wheel they will become your volume buttons . Maybe disconnect your battery to reset the H/U

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I often follow a set procedure. Disconnect everything.
Plug headunit adapter into interface, plug interface into car and switch on accessories. After about 10 seconds ( long enough to scratch your nuts and adjust yourself in the seat) plug the headunit in